Online Sewing Class: Leather 101

Pattern Reviews> Silhouette Patterns> 85 (Sweater Wrap)

Reviewed by:SueV

About SueVstarstarstarstar
United States
Member since: 1/29/04
Posted on:8/29/08 12:51 PM
Last Updated:8/29/08 12:55 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 12 people

marsmaid said... (12/30/08 7:06 PM) Reply
This pattern is featured in Threads magazine. What do you think of the review in the magazine?
LuceLu said... (9/23/08 10:30 PM) Reply
I really wish I had read this review before I started mine! I thought this would be a quickie project but it really has turned my much anticipated sewing evening a bad turn. I'll post a review. However, I am determined to make this jacket work. I think I am going to redraft the sleeve (yes, my arms are in sausage casings, slightly better after cutting a test 2X for them --although the jacket is size L as I measured one of mine from my closet to pick the size). The layout is ridiculous, I was thinking, why is the grainline across the top? Luckily I am using some surplus fleece I can't pawn off on anyone.
KarmenG said... (8/31/08 7:01 AM) Reply
I agree with Ann and Kathi - and your critique is fair. Thanks for posting the info.
Kathi R said... (8/30/08 6:09 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review - there aren't many reviews on this site for Silhouette Patterns so each bit of information is helpful. I appreciate your honesty -- this is the kind of feedback we need.
Ann Smith said... (8/30/08 12:01 PM) Reply
I think pattern writers should give us a reason for why they go against the norm with cutting layout. Sometimes I can figure out why (border print, saving fabric) but other times it seems inexplicable. Is it a mistake? They should tell us why. Your story is a perfect example of this. Sounds like it was a mistake on their part. Thanks for the review.
Sewing Chick said... (8/30/08 11:31 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review and the warning. I have this pattern, and was considering it for some fabric I just bought. I was trying to decide between it and a Butterick pattern. Guess I'll be pulling out the Butterick! I have found the Silhouette patterns to be hit or miss. Some I've really liked, while others were a disaster.
Woolygal said... (8/30/08 11:12 AM) Reply
I too have had problems with her patterns.
Mary Stiefer said... (8/30/08 10:40 AM) Reply
Oh my gosh - I'm so sorry this didn't work for you. Perhaps you can use the cut up pieces for something else?
Miriam said... (8/29/08 3:05 PM) Reply
Thanks for writing the review, especially since the garment was a disappointment. It sounds as if you've given the pattern a fair analysis.

by: Tanyasews

Islander Sewing Systems Every Bodies Shirt (VS-XL)

Islander Sewing Systems Every Bodies Shirt (VS-XL)

Jamie Christina Miz Mozelle Dress Paper Pattern