Pattern Reviews> Suitability> 7700 (Fly mask with or without ears)

Reviewed by:PrairieTides

About PrairieTidesstar
AB CANADA
Member since: 1/25/03
Posted on:8/29/08 9:43 PM

Swim Style Patterns

Swimwear Gymwear Patterns

araluen said... (10/9/09 6:16 PM) Reply
glad I read this, I was going to buy this pattern for my own and friends horses ; maybe if your thoroughbred comes in as XL, it may not be suitable - unless I can work out how to expand the pattern for larger horses?
CrescentaLuna said... (1/22/09 0:57 AM) Reply
This is hands-down one of the coolest reviews I have ever read. Your horse is a beauty!
PrairieTides said... (8/30/08 9:55 PM) Reply
Thanks for all the nice comments! My horse seems to be okay with wearing a flymask, although I do occasionally find it laying in the pasture. She has been wearing them in the summer for about 7 years now. When the bugs are bad, she rubs her eyes hard enough to give herself a corneal ulcer (a scratch on the clear part of the eye - painful, gets infected, takes lots of time and a bit of money to treat). The flymask prevents that.
snaffles said... (8/30/08 12:50 PM) Reply
Thank you for your review. I have the same sizing issues with Suitability's hood pattern where my Arab measures for the XL Warmblood size. After your experience, I'll believe the measurements and make the Warmblood size. Nice looking mask. The mesh looks like it will be soft and comfortable.
Mary Stiefer said... (8/30/08 11:33 AM) Reply
I never heard of such a thing because I don't know much about horses but - I love the fact that you are caring enough to take care of this problem. Well done.
Re Becca said... (8/30/08 9:54 AM) Reply
You did a good job making it work. I will admit that I didn't understand the picture at first. Thanks for sharing, I learned something!
MelC said... (8/30/08 7:10 AM) Reply
Great job making this pattern work! I much prefer a fly mask to sprays. It's nice to know there is a pattern out there as a starting point. I appreciate your review. Nice model!!!
Annette1 said... (8/30/08 0:58 AM) Reply
Well, although the sizing may have been off, you've now got it mastered, and your horse is the beneficiary! That just drives me BUGGY, no pun intended, when horses (or any livestock, for that matter) are pestered by FLIES, and fly spray doesn't seem to last any time at all. I'm so glad yours has these neat masks now, and they cover the ears too! :o)
marec said... (8/30/08 0:57 AM) Reply
Nice job!! Measuring and altering for fit is so difficult with horse patterns (ask me how I know). I have a lovely beige fly mask with ears that is completely custom for Woodrow. It is wadded up behind my tack box right now after picking it up in the pasture 5 times and then applying antibiotic cream to the face owies resulting from the fence posts. He apparently prefers flies to the mask. Again, nice mask and nice chesnut horse!
Vonnevo said... (8/29/08 10:17 PM) Reply
How thoughtful of you to make this mask for your horse.
MadMenFanlinda said... (8/29/08 10:16 PM) Reply
That's neat! Did not know there was such a thing. Nice job

by: JuliN