Pattern Reviews> Self Drafted Pattern> 10239-1000 (No pattern used.)

Reviewed by:lilyofthevalley

About lilyofthevalleystarstarstar
NY USA
Member since: 3/9/07
Posted on:8/31/08 9:43 PM
Last Updated:9/2/08 4:38 PM

ClaireC said... (9/6/08 2:57 PM) Reply
Today I am computer challenged...more than usual. ;o) I deleted yet another entry. sigh..... ;o)
ClaireC said... (9/6/08 2:56 PM) Reply
Oops! My computer froze and created a duplicate entry.
ClaireC said... (9/6/08 2:56 PM) Reply
Lily, I love every single item you make and the stories that accompany your wonderfully written reviews. This wardrobe is no exception. Stunning!!!
smartcookie said... (9/5/08 9:18 AM) Reply
Lily, I planted two trumpet vines thirteen years ago and they are just beginning to take hold --- I can only hope that with seven more years of cultivation my vines, my sewing skills and my sense of style will begin to compare with yours! Congratulations on your beautiful wardrobe.
CynthiaSue said... (9/4/08 1:36 AM) Reply
Trumpet vines are picky! Your story bio sticks as a theme. You've pulled all the elements together beautifully. Orange is not easy to pull off as high fashion and you've done it superbly.
Erica B. said... (9/3/08 12:49 PM) Reply
Just beautiful as always Lily!
Bonnie O said... (9/3/08 9:20 AM) Reply
Fantastic wardrobe!!! I love the fabrics and styles you selected. You look stunning in each outfit. You got my vote!
cecelia said... (9/3/08 8:16 AM) Reply
I'm glad you succeeded in your "search"! Wonderful outfits--very classy!
LindsayT said... (9/2/08 10:47 PM) Reply
If I didn't know you lived in this area I'd say you look like quite the southern belle. Beautiful ensemble, Lily!
Meggie LuLu said... (9/2/08 7:57 PM) Reply
What a BEAUTIFUL wardrobe!!!! I just LOVE it!!! LOVE your fabric choices!!!!
CA Eisenhour said... (9/2/08 2:43 PM) Reply
Oh lily, you outdid yourself on this one!! simply gorgeous!! Love your photo collage; your dress reminds me of my favorite ice cream......a "Creamsicle" Trumpet Vines, where I came from in VA, are known to all as "Virginia Creepers" They are the Hummingbirds most favorite flower! Good luck in the contest!!! ~Connie
Mufffet said... (9/2/08 2:13 PM) Reply
Great plan....great fabrics...love it all!
trishapatk said... (9/2/08 11:42 AM) Reply
I'm so happy to see a review by one of my favorites once again - and as is always the case - it's a delight to read and to see what you are up to. You are very inspiring. There are so many things to love here, almost too many to list but I'll start; your refined and feminine taste, your enjoyment of color and beauty, your skill level and how you humbly share methods and tips with us ... and interesting stories included in your reviews. Keep up the fabulous work!
2BSewing said... (9/2/08 9:54 AM) Reply
Gorgeous and beautiful! Your outfits are amazing. Enjoyed your pictures and reviews. :)
Karendee said... (9/1/08 6:19 PM) Reply
Beautiful work and lovely trumpet vine story. Quite a moral is represented in those vines/flower blooms.
molecule said... (9/1/08 2:35 PM) Reply
I just joined Pattern Review and am gobsmacked by your drafting talent, sewing skill, and photos. It doesn't hurt that you're gorgeous, too. In my dreams, I'll be as aesthetic as you ... someday.
Marji said... (9/1/08 12:21 PM) Reply
Love the story of your trumpet vine. My what a patient person you are. The wardrobe too is a real winner.
Heatherrique said... (9/1/08 10:55 AM) Reply
Wow! All pieces of your mini-wardrobe are fabulous and fun! What a very nice way to celebrate those trumpet vines in full bloom! Thanks for sharing your "safari hunt"!
DorothyK said... (9/1/08 10:48 AM) Reply
Twenty years! And look at them now in all their glory. I think your patience shows in many ways, starting with the meticulous care you take in your sewing projects. Patience is a virtue that certainly pays off.
Beek said... (9/1/08 10:38 AM) Reply
What a cute story to accompany your couture creations! I love it!
MissCelie said... (9/1/08 9:01 AM) Reply
Just stunning. You look ready to tackle to world. And that stained glass is something to behold.
anetJay said... (9/1/08 7:17 AM) Reply
Oh my !!! How lovely !!! Your creations are stunning and VERY inspiring and your trumpet vines were definitely worth the wait !!! :) anetJay ps. I enjoyed reading your review ... I need inspiration
Annette1 said... (8/31/08 11:16 PM) Reply
BEAUTIFUL, Lily. As you well know, I so admire your work, and now you have this fabulous story board, to boot! With my patience (or lack thereof), when I finally saw that trumpet vine after 20 years, I'm afraid I would have slapped the you-know-what out of it just for spite. :o) The whole setting is beautiful!
cindy-lou said... (8/31/08 10:49 PM) Reply
Lily, you are a Star! Absolutely beautiful items, every one. You look-- as usual-- gorgeous, and (also as usual) I admire your skill level soooo much.
Sew4Fun said... (8/31/08 10:22 PM) Reply
Twenty years is a long time to wait and definitely worth celebrating with a new wardrobe of clothes. :) I've been admiring your trumpet vine in all your photos so it's great to hear the story behind it. How wonderful that you planted it yourself and now you get to enjoy it all these years later.

BurdaStyle Magazine 07-2009-116