Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 09-2008-114 (Retro Shift Dress/Jumper)

Reviewed by:cabinbaby

About cabinbabystarstarstarstar
AK USA
Member since: 4/8/07
Posted on:9/1/08 2:26 PM
Last Updated:9/4/08 4:32 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 13 people
Grammy Gin said... (4/3/09 12:40 PM) Reply
this is CUTE!! CUTE!!! I LOVE your helpers.......they are ADORABLE !!!!!
Mahogany Stylist said... (9/6/08 2:49 PM) Reply
Cute dress.
cindyann said... (9/5/08 7:06 AM) Reply
I'm so glad you reviewed this. As another shortie I had high hopes for this pattern. Your dress didn't disapppoint. It looks wonderful.
crisford said... (9/5/08 0:01 AM) Reply
Awesome dress! It fits you so well! Love the two little cuties too!
Mahler said... (9/4/08 10:15 PM) Reply
This is a great garment ! You look great ! The two little ones are also amazing !
CypGrl said... (9/4/08 5:50 PM) Reply
This turned out great! Your comments about changing the petite to an average size interest me. I am 5'3" and not a plus size, but for some reason my favorite BWOF styles are often in the plus sizes. There were some really nice ones in this same issue. Thanks for the quick review.
sewtime said... (9/4/08 4:39 PM) Reply
Cute dress and really cute helpers!
Kellie R. said... (9/4/08 4:33 PM) Reply
This is so cute. It's nicely done and looks great on you.
nicegirl said... (9/2/08 5:04 PM) Reply
Oooh, that's exactly what I want to do! Plaid with a bias front inset. I am so glad you showed it can be done.
wreninrome said... (9/2/08 2:35 PM) Reply
that's a really cute dress...adorable daughters as well...and many thanks for the FBA warning
Sewing Chick said... (9/2/08 12:17 PM) Reply
Thanks for a great review and the warning about the FBA. That really surprises me with Burda. Usually, they are drafted for C-cups. You won't regret the duct tape double. I've had mine two years and don't know what I'd do without it. Your dress looks great.
Bernadette W said... (9/2/08 9:50 AM) Reply
Your babies are adorable, and the dress is fabulous!
merteuil said... (9/2/08 2:34 AM) Reply
Great fabric choice! I'm actually making this dress right now, but in plain black. Can't wait to get it finished, now that I have seen yours!
Heatherrique said... (9/1/08 9:22 PM) Reply
Captivating dress and clever placement of fabric! Very nice, Dawn!
2BSewing said... (9/1/08 8:30 PM) Reply
I love your dress. It fits you perfectly!
angie.a said... (9/1/08 6:46 PM) Reply
Wow, fabulous dress! And I'd have to do an astronomical FBA, so thanks for the heads up!
CatMukai said... (9/1/08 6:33 PM) Reply
You got your September BWOF already? Jealous! Also I love love love your dress. Don't be surprised if I shamelessly copy you and make it in a little plaid like yours ;)
Rhonda in Montreal said... (9/1/08 6:25 PM) Reply
I'll trade your ABA for two, abundant jiggles!! ;) ;) We're NEVER quite happy, eh! NICE jumper/dress!
lilyofthevalley said... (9/1/08 5:02 PM) Reply
Dawn, this jumper is so cute on you, and I love the middle bias panel. I hope you will make another, as it's very flattering to your trim little shape. Just a twin note: had to show DH Keith your twin beauties, with identical bottles and identical security plush toys. We agreed that they're Too Cute for Words, and both have inherited, exactly, your eyes and face shape. Lovely, Lily
Speech girl said... (9/1/08 4:37 PM) Reply
Lovely and very stylish. Can't wait for my issue to arrive!
Vivienne said... (9/1/08 3:56 PM) Reply
GORGEOUS! I love the bias plaid centre panel - very Alexander McQueen meets Versace. I hope the school kids have an eye for design!
okie2thdoc said... (9/1/08 3:09 PM) Reply
You are cranking out the projects now. I'm glad you did the review on this one- I'm going to need a RBFBA (really big FBA) for this one:)
MissCelie said... (9/1/08 2:44 PM) Reply