Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 5540

Reviewed by:Lisa Laree

About Lisa Lareestarstarstarstar
Posted on:8/15/03 3:29 PM
Last Updated:8/15/03 10:31 PM
See other patterns in this category: Kids(boys & girls)

Lisa Laree said... (2/12/05 2:46 PM) Reply
Most of my photos are still being held hostage by photoworks...grr...hopefully I'll get them all fixed one of these days! I have found that my kids have all tended to need smaller sizes in home constructed styles than they use in ready to wear. I'd go by the pattern measurements to start out with; or, measure the pattern itself and compare it to something she already has in her closet. Good luck!
BeckyW said... (2/12/05 1:48 PM) Reply
Your photo would not come up. I was anxious to see. I am planning on making this pattern for my little girl for this summer. I bought some beautful fabric at the end of summer last year. I am a bit surprised though with the sizes and measurments on the envelope. She is in a 6X in ready to wear, but her measurements are more like a size 5. I have not made a commercial pattern for her in quite some time and I don't remember there being much differance in sizes from pattern to RTW. I know there is much difference in adult sizes. Do you find this pattern sized like RTW? Are the measurements on the envelope a better guide?
Lisa Laree said... (2/7/04 9:23 PM) Reply
Welcome, Aarvic! It was actually snowing in North Alabama today...nice to think about a sun dress for a change! Would love to see a review and a photo... ;)
Aarvic said... (2/7/04 7:48 PM) Reply
Hi Lisa...I'm a newbie, so you don't know me. I made the sundress and shorts for my daughter and it turned out really cute. I used a fantasy unicorn print with teals, whites, golds and dark blues and a teal contrast for the bands and shorts. It turned out beautifully.
Enid E said... (8/16/03 8:01 AM) Reply
The out fit is really pulled together, I love the hat! The model looks well in her outfit, too!!
GorgeousFabrics said... (8/16/03 7:16 AM) Reply
Rhonda Noah said... (8/16/03 3:46 AM) Reply
Glad the hat worked out ok in the end. Hats for kids seem to be so popular right now. It looks like a nice pattern, very cute. Great that the pants can 'grow' with her!
Pam Z said... (8/16/03 1:22 AM) Reply
And now you both have purple capris :) I agree... the hat & pants look very cute together.

McCall's 6378 OOP