Online Sewing Class: Leather 101

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 09-2008-102 (Misses' Jacket)

Reviewed by:Heatherrique

About Heatherriquestarstarstarstar
Member since: 6/27/06
Posted on:9/1/08 11:01 PM
Last Updated:9/1/08 11:01 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 15 people
crisford said... (9/14/08 11:03 AM) Reply
Cute jacket, and very entertaining review! Great job--maybe making this jacket just bumped up your sewing design skills a notch.
ryan's mom said... (9/13/08 7:59 PM) Reply
Lovely jacket! The style and color are perfect on you :) .
nicegirl said... (9/3/08 2:11 PM) Reply
This is my top pick from this issue, so I'm glad you made it up so quickly! I'll keep the sizing in mind. I'm thinking I'll need to grade down.
amy in mpls said... (9/2/08 11:45 PM) Reply
I was just looking for someone to have created something from the 09 issue. and wow. i was just reading the collar for the 103 jacket and Im a little ok, a lot confused! Thanks for your great review, it will help a lot of people, including me!
lilyofthevalley said... (9/2/08 10:27 PM) Reply
Louella, you are really fearless once you get a goal in sight! This is beautiful and I love each and every one of your changes. Such originality and style. Quite special. Lovely, Lily
Mufffet said... (9/2/08 2:34 PM) Reply
WOW...awesome top! I love it. Great fabric. Changing the pattern was a brilliant move! You will really be an expert sewer because you dare to change things!
kim*brown said... (9/2/08 2:19 PM) Reply
Lovely fit, and great job with the changes!
michellep74 said... (9/2/08 1:02 PM) Reply
Oh. My. God. I love what you did with this! The original pattern did nothing for me, but with your design changes, this is something that I would absolutely love to make/wear!
Frogstitcher said... (9/2/08 9:43 AM) Reply
Very nice jacket despite all the issues you encountered. It is definitely an original and well worth the effort. Now, girl, reward yourself and sew something from one of the big 4 where the instructions are friendly. Another very helpful and entertaining review.
2BSewing said... (9/2/08 9:12 AM) Reply
Cute jacket! I have to agree with you about BWOF instructions...mysterious. lol! Enjoyed your review. :)
Karen8320 said... (9/2/08 8:15 AM) Reply
First up, who needs Burda WOF when there is a Heatherrique original?!?! Louella, you have transformed this design from something which was really quite ordinary to something which is definitely funky and has heaps more pizzazz! I love your problem solving strategies and I love what you've done to make this truly your own.
Lisa Laree said... (9/2/08 7:39 AM) Reply
Wow...I haven't even GOT my 9/08 issue yet...
Squeezylemon said... (9/2/08 4:49 AM) Reply
Yet another wonderful Heatherrique project! I just love EVERYTHING you make, you must have the most bulging wardrobe but what style! Thanks for a great review, looks like I could copy your shortcuts to make some nice jackets for work.
Gelbean said... (9/2/08 1:41 AM) Reply
Cute jacket! I just love the fabric. Thanks for the review!
CynthiaSue said... (9/2/08 0:58 AM) Reply
The belted waist is adorable. Excellent review.
HLT said... (9/2/08 0:15 AM) Reply
I think that this is great. Your originality really comes through. Ditto Anette1!!! Great job with he fabric choice. You look fab, modern & chic!
Annette1 said... (9/1/08 11:11 PM) Reply
YES, this is MOST DEFINITELY a Heatherrique original; however, rather than canceling your subscription, I think Burda may be calling you to see if they can use your version too! I love the "butterfly" sleeves that you have incorporated, along with the addition of the belt and the button trim. THIS IS REALLY CUTE! :o)

by: Jstarr4250