Online Sewing Class: Altering Jackets

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 5840 (Robes and Tunic)

Reviewed by:saguaro

About saguaro
IL USA
Member since: 6/10/08
Posted on:9/4/08 8:14 PM
Last Updated:9/4/08 11:32 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
See other patterns in this category: Costumes

Sweater knit fabrics

shearay752 said... (10/26/14 8:40 AM) Reply
Thanks for your help! (yes, even 6 years later @_@)
koolchicken said... (7/4/11 6:01 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review, I had been thinking about buying this pattern and altering it to be a HP robe. I'm 5'10" with disproportionate limbs so the sleeves on the "official" robe are too short for me. And I'm not paying $100 for something that doesn't fit! I'll be sure to use your review for reference when I start on mine! :)
JulesK said... (4/22/11 10:29 PM) Reply
I bought this pattern today to make a HP costume for my daughter. I had the same plans to line the robe with colored lining (this one will be blue for Ravenclaw). I like your idea about omitting the yoke, I will do that also. I am glad you mentioned taking in the sides because I have not yet purchased fabric. Glad to read your review- I plan to make all the pattern alterations and then decide how much fabric to buy. In addition my daughter is short so I know I can knock off 5 or 6 inches in the hem.
JulesK said... (4/22/11 10:29 PM) Reply
elnigma said... (4/13/11 3:26 PM) Reply
I love that cape!! Beautiful
saguaro said... (11/2/09 2:54 PM) Reply
Hi annabananabelle, I just logged in after a bit of an absence and saw your comments. I would love to see a pic of your Ravenclaw robe and hope that this review helped you out with that project!
annabananabelle said... (10/12/09 2:22 AM) Reply
I am making a Ravenclaw robe using this same pattern set. I am so excited that you have done a review of it because I can use it for a reference. Thanks!
saguaro said... (9/8/08 10:32 PM) Reply
wreninrome, thank you for the good words. It was well worth the changes I made to get it to look right. I even consulted my HP DVDs!
wreninrome said... (9/4/08 8:20 PM) Reply
congratulations! i knew it was HP before I even read it...excellent job!

Sewing Workshop Soho Coat Pattern