Online Sewing Class: Clone Your Favorite Garment

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2742 (DKNY Seperates)

Viewed 1988 times

Sweater knit fabrics

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

sewbusy said... (3/24/04 9:52 PM) Reply
I've seen it made up in cotton shirting and it looked a bit like a maternity top, so I agree with Gina. I'm going to use a drapey knit.
meli88a said... (11/16/03 9:44 AM) Reply
how did you get the shirt to be so fitted? i made one too, but it came out really loose. i'm nearly swimming in it... i would have liked to have taken some of the ease out for better fit.
Lou. said... (8/25/03 3:25 PM) Reply
Great top! I saw this on "A makeover story" the other day, and the woman had it v. fitted. It looked great!
Teri said... (8/17/03 4:20 PM) Reply
Your top is so interesting. Thanks for the review. I am going to check this one out.
Irene said... (8/16/03 1:42 PM) Reply
I kept returning to this top in the Vogue catalog, but the photo led me to believe that it would be huge and fluffy. It's a relief to find that it's more fitted. I ran across some stretch wovens that might just fit the bill. Thanks for the wonderfully descriptive review.
Marita Kinnula said... (8/16/03 12:22 PM) Reply
Fabulous! Great review, thanks!
Sherril Miller said... (8/16/03 12:17 PM) Reply
I just love this pattern. But sadly, Vogue doesn't recommend it for my body type. It is ok for the triangle, inverted triangle, and the hourglass. I am an apple, with no defined waist and a big belly. I was hoping this pattern would give me the illusion of having a waist. Thanks for the info on fit and ease.
SouthernStitch said... (8/16/03 10:32 AM) Reply
Glad you reviewed this. I was considering it, but with my big waist, I'm afraid it would look like a maternity top on me. Yours looks really good, glad you got a winner.
Alana Robson said... (8/16/03 8:26 AM) Reply
Gina, this is an excellent review! You have answered the exact two questions I had about this pattern: is it really "very loose-fitting" and how difficult is it to iron. I'm happy to hear that it is more fitted, and based on your review, I may also choose a blend rather than all cotton. But how did they get it so crease-free on the model?
candyo said... (8/15/03 11:35 PM) Reply
i'm glad you reviewed this pattern- i was wondering how it would turn out. this will not be a top i will bother with- too much of a headache for me! thanks for the tips!
Mariko said... (8/15/03 10:53 PM) Reply
Gina, beautiful and unique! I need to start sewing this kind of interesting design. Thanks for the great review!
Sue Anfang said... (8/15/03 10:19 PM) Reply
Gina, thanks for the review! This is on my fall list and I'm definitely making it out of a poly/cotton to eliminate the ironing. Is an 18 the size you usually cut in Vogue? Sue
jlg said... (8/15/03 9:00 PM) Reply
This is an interesting shirt. I like to see the more unusual patterns made up and looking great. Thanks for the review.
AnneM said... (8/15/03 7:21 PM) Reply
They must have gone up a size on that pattern envelope picture! Interesting pattern, great review.

Sew Liberated Woodlands Shirt