Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 02-2008-103 (Knt twist front dress)

Reviewed by:squirrellypoo

About squirrellypoostarstarstarstar
NA UNITED KINGDOM
Member since: 3/27/05
Posted on:9/3/08 8:04 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 12 people
Ciclista said... (9/4/08 9:34 AM) Reply
Great dress and review - the review will help immensely - I love your shoes too!!
sew2little said... (9/3/08 9:42 PM) Reply
Very chic!
Allie in Hong Kong said... (9/3/08 8:37 PM) Reply
I've loved this pattern since it came out, your versions is lovely, I really like the olive colour - the fabric you chose shows off the amazing drapes and twists.
Nancy K said... (9/3/08 7:49 PM) Reply
It looks beautiful on you and incredibly flattering. I shy away from twist tops as I never seem to be able to get them right! Thanks for the link to Tany's blog.
loohoo44 said... (9/3/08 3:46 PM) Reply
So flattering on you Melissa, love the color too. Nice job!
nellc said... (9/3/08 2:40 PM) Reply
Great looking dress. That is such a good colour to take you through into autumn/winter.
nicegirl said... (9/3/08 2:02 PM) Reply
Love it! This is high up on my list and your review isn't helping my impatience to get to it! Those booties are awesome.
Ann Smith said... (9/3/08 1:16 PM) Reply
What a great dress. Thank heavens for Tany and her great tutorials. It would have been a shame to not be able to finish this special garment.
Karendee said... (9/3/08 12:51 PM) Reply
Chic dress that looks great on you.
wendlesue said... (9/3/08 12:20 PM) Reply
What a great dress! Very unusual and flattering.
stitcheroo said... (9/3/08 11:54 AM) Reply
Your great rendition has made me sit up and take notice of this pattern. It looks fantastic on you and, as you mention, is very flattering on the waistline.
Luckylibbet said... (9/3/08 11:40 AM) Reply
Wonderful dress - the color and fit are so flattering! The twist does indeed make a waist for you - good job!
merteuil said... (9/3/08 11:40 AM) Reply
Lovely dress! I really like your fabric choice!
michellep74 said... (9/3/08 11:05 AM) Reply
This dress looks great on you! the color is really perfect on you!
jeeprsjessi said... (9/3/08 10:47 AM) Reply
I totally passed this one over. I really like yours-thanks for the very helpful review!
SheTee said... (9/3/08 10:19 AM) Reply
I've got this one cut out and on the sewing table - hoped to start it tonight, and so your timing is great. Thanks for the helpful review!
Elke said... (9/3/08 10:04 AM) Reply
Love the twist and collar treatment. It looks great on you...pretty color too!
inkstain said... (9/3/08 8:37 AM) Reply
A wonderful dress, altho you don't give Norwich the best sales vista! What's so great about this review is a chance to see the true lines of the dress, not always obvious when done in a print. It looks really timeless in this green, as well as seasonless. I've been watching your work since the fascinator fascinated me, and I like your style!
peaudane said... (9/3/08 8:24 AM) Reply
I've seen this one reviewed before but yours is especially beautiful. I thought there was too much going on in this dress but looking at yours, it's really chic! The colour is perfect as well.

BurdaStyle Magazine 02-2005-112