Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3503 (Misses Day or Evening Knit)

Reviewed by:EveS

About EveSstarstarstarstar
Member since: 11/26/06

Best Patterns of 2009
Posted on:9/5/08 12:25 PM
Last Updated:8/24/09 9:25 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 27 people
See other patterns in this category: Formalwear
ryan's mom said... (8/26/09 9:48 AM) Reply
LollyVee said... (8/25/09 10:20 AM) Reply
Firstly, thank you for a thoroughly entertaining and informative review....and secondly, you look drop-dead sexy in that maxi!!
meli88a said... (8/25/09 7:58 AM) Reply
I love your dress with the alterations you made. You look great in it! Your comments about fit are so validating -- I'm 5'1" and had so many problems with the fit, but agree this is a gorgeous design.
PegL said... (8/25/09 6:55 AM) Reply
Your dress looks great on you! So glad to see you're finding time to sew!
sewbehind said... (8/24/09 10:06 PM) Reply
You look fantastic in this dress. Love the second version.
Mahler said... (8/24/09 9:50 PM) Reply
I think your version looks better then on the envelop ! Wonderful second Maxi Dress !
mary in FL said... (8/24/09 9:37 PM) Reply
That is Awesome!
LollyVee said... (3/16/09 2:15 PM) Reply
Thanx for the tip on extra large sizing on this pattern!
SewingSho said... (3/9/09 9:19 PM) Reply
The dress is beautiful; you did a great job!
Mahler said... (3/7/09 10:20 AM) Reply
I missed your initial posting. What a magnificent effect on you. This dress is simple and so elegant. Wonderful choice of fabric and contrasting band.
WildMum said... (10/12/08 8:59 AM) Reply
I see everyone is making it smaller but I made it the normal size for me and it seems ok but the back could have been a bit smaller. No idea how to make it tighter fitting now though as I have sewen the skirt on already! I made the long halter.
MelissaB in WA said... (9/13/08 0:14 AM) Reply
I'm without words, your dress (and you for that matter) look gorgeous! I'm so behind in reviews, but glad I caught this one. Great work Eve!
Leora said... (9/9/08 12:11 PM) Reply
I want this pattern and that fabric so I can copy you! Wow, the floor length is stunning and I love how you lined the bodice. Great stuff here!
cindy-lou said... (9/7/08 12:06 PM) Reply
Love your dress! Your son's right-- it's very flattering. And I need a little in the booty department so maybe it will be a good style for me. Thanks for the great review! (P.S.-- 'Burda Boobs on Parade'... *hee!*)
Twinset said... (9/6/08 1:17 PM) Reply
This is a beautiful dress, with a great fit and very flattering colors for your skin tone! Love the print too! Great review!
Nancy Anne said... (9/6/08 1:06 PM) Reply
Sharp dress and great fit!
cathy45 said... (9/6/08 12:28 PM) Reply
Stunning dress on you.
Luckylibbet said... (9/6/08 11:43 AM) Reply
So pretty! And it makes you look so long and thin and gorgeous - I'm jealous! Adore the fabric, it's PERFECT for the style. And thanks so much for such a comprehensive review!
Heatherrique said... (9/6/08 11:28 AM) Reply
Tres belle, Eve! I adore this look on you, and please do not shorten it!Let me repeat, DO NOT shorten it! You are one of the lucky ones that can wear dresses in a variety of lengths! Another delightful review! ;-}
woole bully said... (9/6/08 5:17 AM) Reply
love the detail for the back. very nice
Natasha B said... (9/6/08 2:43 AM) Reply
This looks fabulous! The design is so perfect for you and you pull it off beautifully. All your extra work in the fit and construction really shows through in the finished product.
ladybirdlove said... (9/5/08 10:50 PM) Reply
ooooo it is so nice! I love the color combination on you- very flattering fit :)
Sew4Fun said... (9/5/08 7:33 PM) Reply
Great dress! Dresses seem to be your 'thing'. You always look fabulous in them!
cindyann said... (9/5/08 6:36 PM) Reply
Lovely, Eve! I'm so loving the Maxi trend this summer. The back is especially fetching. {snif} wish I were young enough to pull this off.
NurseByrd said... (9/5/08 5:28 PM) Reply
I am a beginner and I was thrilled to try this pattern, now I am frustrated because I can not understand how to attach the bodice back to the bodice front. I am new and I have fatih in the pattern co that all steps are there. please help.
Gold said... (9/5/08 4:44 PM) Reply
Looks great on you!
Meggie LuLu said... (9/5/08 4:41 PM) Reply
What a PRETTY dress!!! It's STUNNING!!! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE it!!!! Your fabric is GORGEOUS!!!!!
gatorgirl4325 said... (9/5/08 4:18 PM) Reply
cabinbaby said... (9/5/08 4:01 PM) Reply
You look great!!! That dress is totally slimming and dramatic! Awesome.
DaisyEsq said... (9/5/08 3:48 PM) Reply
Great dress!
Amanda S. said... (9/5/08 3:18 PM) Reply
What a great dress! I never even noticed the back of this design. If these are still in style next spring, you've inspired me to make one.
sideseams said... (9/5/08 3:03 PM) Reply
Oh, your dress is just beautiful on you!
michellep74 said... (9/5/08 2:55 PM) Reply
Wow, this looks amazing on you! You really wear long dresses (and dresses in general) very well. Another great project and another great review!
Karen6790 said... (9/5/08 1:57 PM) Reply
I'm with DS - that's a lot of pretty. Great dress, thanks for all the extra info on what you did. And why is it that no one tells you about shoulder seams anymore? Beautiful job.
sewbehind said... (9/5/08 1:44 PM) Reply
This is beautiful on you. Gorgeous!
lilyofthevalley said... (9/5/08 1:33 PM) Reply
Eve, this is stunning. You look slim as a twig and six feet tall; very svelte. The back interest of this dress with its slim turned ties holds just the right amount of ahhh value. Your review is excellent and explains, in detail, your alterations, as well as how you effected them. Thanks for sharing this beauty. Lovely, Lily
Sara The Slayer said... (9/5/08 12:36 PM) Reply
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this dress. I just ordered the pattern. Thanks for all the tips. Now I have to go look up what shoulder stabilizing means.
EveS said... (9/5/08 12:34 PM) Reply
Sorry about the sideways pic...Photobucket and my pics don't seem to see eye to eye lately. No time to fix now...will try later. :(

All About Linings