Pattern Reviews> KnipMode Magazine> 07-2008-18 (Scarf-front blouse)

Reviewed by:Debra H

About Debra Hstarstarstarstar
Member since: 7/16/04
Posted on:9/7/08 11:58 PM
Last Updated:9/7/08 11:58 PM
MissCelie said... (1/13/09 4:17 PM) Reply
Great review Debra. I wanted to make this but wasn't sure about the sleeves or the scarf construction!
cathy45 said... (9/9/08 12:17 PM) Reply
Just stunning.
LindsayT said... (9/9/08 11:39 AM) Reply
I agree with everyone else--I like your version better. Very nice!
squirrellypoo said... (9/9/08 7:40 AM) Reply
It looks great! I like your version even better than the magazine's. I've found not having instructions really makes me a bit more creative and into the problem-solving area of my brain - and looking at all your alterations, it looks like you're great at problem solving!
JamieLiz said... (9/8/08 8:47 PM) Reply
This is a beautiful blouse! A perfect match of fabric to pattern. Thanks for the detailed review.
Izzie said... (9/8/08 7:45 PM) Reply
Wow! Great review of a fabulous blouse! I have this issue as well and I am printing your review for easy reference when I finally get to this pattern. THANKS!
OP Gal said... (9/8/08 7:18 PM) Reply
The blouse is beautiful--so feminine. What really makes it a winner is that beautiful fabric. The colors are gorgeous and the motif is so light and airy. Wonderful review, as usual.
Nancy K said... (9/8/08 5:53 PM) Reply
I have this issue, so your great review is very welcome. I really like your version with drapier fabric much better than the original. It reduces the bulkiness of the original and makes it much more flattering. It is a beautiful blouse. I have to say, that when I looked at the picture in the gallery, I knew that it was yours before I read your name. You have a distinctive mix of pattern and fabric that is pretty recognizable.
maryl said... (9/8/08 11:30 AM) Reply
Just . . . WOW!
Liana said... (9/8/08 11:04 AM) Reply
A beautiful, feminie blouse! You really have a winner here, and your improvements are great.
PsychedOnSewing said... (9/8/08 9:21 AM) Reply
This is such a gorgeous blouse. I love your design changes and the great detailed review.
Flying Seamstress said... (9/8/08 8:58 AM) Reply
What a fall beauty! Love that rayon challis ~ you'll so enjoy wearing this gorgeous blouse!
merteuil said... (9/8/08 8:50 AM) Reply
Lovely blouse! It looks so much nicer with long sleeves!
cmarie12 said... (9/8/08 8:42 AM) Reply
This is a beautiful blouse...the fabric choice makes it sing and the tie neckline makes it new and trendy! Glad you took the adventure and shared it with us!
Kath in ON said... (9/8/08 8:27 AM) Reply
Lori V said... (9/8/08 7:05 AM) Reply
Such a pretty blouse.
hongkongshopper said... (9/8/08 6:50 AM) Reply
Lovely. The bows on the sleeves are a perfect match too.
Sigrid. said... (9/8/08 3:57 AM) Reply
Wonderful result, I love the change to long sleeves you made. The fabric is perfect for this blouse.
Michelle99 said... (9/8/08 2:41 AM) Reply
Speaking as an American sewer living and sewing in the Netherlands for more than 10 years now, I can say you certaintly are an adventurer! Though I haven't done a review yet, like you, I'm a big fan of Marfy, and have various 'jaargangen' of knipmode on my shelf. It never occured to me that people outside NL might attempt one of those.!!
Annette1 said... (9/8/08 0:32 AM) Reply
BEAUTIFUL blouse, BEAUTIFUL fabric! I really like the changes that you've incorporated into your design. :o)

Papercut Patterns Coppelia