Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6601 (6601)

Reviewed by:KarmenG

About KarmenGstarstar
MA United States
Member since: 1/3/03
Posted on:8/17/03 12:47 PM
Last Updated:3/29/04 7:42 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
denese said... (11/27/08 6:58 PM) Reply
yes this sounds like my type of dress know what you mean about the tailoredlook thankyou for the alterations i have taken note of them
KarmenG said... (3/30/04 7:54 AM) Reply
Annette - I think the bias binding stabilizes so well, because there's more than one row of stitching; and has more than one layer of fabric wrapping around the edge to create the binding. I always stay stitch the edges before applying the bias binding to hold the shape. Thank you for your comments; I will post a picture when I get one.
Annette H said... (3/29/04 6:47 PM) Reply
This is really a lovely, feminine style. Would love to see your photo. About facings - aren't they needed to give "body" to the fabric? I use bias binding too, but it can give a flimsier effect in thin materials.
Hilary said... (3/29/04 9:24 AM) Reply
I really like this style, pricess seams are very easy to alter too so I may have to add this to my wishlist :o) thanks for the review!
KarmenG said... (3/29/04 7:43 AM) Reply
Candyo - I edited the pattern link; but you will have to insert the pattern number in the search box to see the image.
candyo said... (3/28/04 9:37 PM) Reply
your link to the pattern photo is wrong- can you fix?
Sherril Miller said... (11/8/03 11:11 AM) Reply
I read on another review that you made the daphne pants by LaFred. How did they turn out for you. Can you review the pattern? TIA
KarmenG said... (11/6/03 8:26 AM) Reply
It's so great to find a pattern that copies a garment you love. Good luck giving this a try.
Doris Stewart said... (11/5/03 10:58 AM) Reply
I have a RTW dress that could have been made from this pattern - I love the fit. Thanks for pointing the pattern out, it is definitely going on my must have list!
Irene said... (8/18/03 10:31 AM) Reply
Thanks for the very descriptive review. The pattern envelope seems blah until you pointed out the box pleats just as the princess lines flare out at the hips. Yes! I'll need to try this.
AnneM said... (8/17/03 6:43 PM) Reply
I hadn't noticed this pattern. Very nice. I like the modifications you described.

Contest Travel Wardrobe Contest