Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2930

Last Updated:9/11/08 8:12 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
See other patterns in this category: Vests    Tops
Nancy Anne said... (9/12/08 2:34 PM) Reply
You know, I am really digging your fabric! Very nice. I think it is a lovely top- you did a wonderful job of reworking the issues. Enjoy wearing it!
cathy45 said... (9/12/08 11:10 AM) Reply
Oh those facings are a booger. I don't know if it's the directions or the drafting but it took me a lot of fiddling, too.
fabeins said... (9/12/08 9:52 AM) Reply
Thanks for the positive feedback. I'm glad I didn't totally throw in the towel.
yorkshire lass said... (9/12/08 3:25 AM) Reply
I think with that neckline shape, a facing would be difficult to do anyway. I think its a very cute top and yes, you most definitely did save it. This top leapt out of the gallery at me, and I mean that in a good way. Well done on a really good save.
michellep74 said... (9/11/08 11:56 PM) Reply
I made this top, and I concur that the instructions about the neckband/facings were a bit confusing--it took me three tries to get a version that I was satisfied with! That said, I really do like my finished top, and I think that yours is a lovely version of this pattern!
Karen8320 said... (9/11/08 9:28 PM) Reply
Fabeins, I think you saved it nicely! The fabric is interesting and I think the black fishnet is a good match. I can see why this neckline appealed to you although I can also see why facings here might have been a bit tricky. Please be encouraged to keep practising with your facings. I remember when I was getting started that mine weren't terribly professional looking but I persevered and now don't have a problem.
sewtime said... (9/11/08 9:13 PM) Reply
I have been looking at this pattern, love the neckline. Cute material! Good Save!
Rhoda K said... (9/11/08 9:07 PM) Reply
Duplicate post.
Rhoda K said... (9/11/08 9:07 PM) Reply
Interesting, but glad it turned out well enough for you. It looks much better than the pattern info shows. That in itself, is an accomplishment!
Tiner W said... (9/11/08 9:00 PM) Reply
That's a neat idea--I like it! I like the shape of this neckline but would also be nervous about getting the facings in right. I say good save!

Islander Sewing Systems Men's Islander Shirt Pattern Pattern