Pattern Reviews> McCall's> M4550 (Men's Costumes)

Reviewed by:Kellie R.

About Kellie R.starstar
Member since: 7/4/07
Posted on:9/12/08 2:59 PM
Last Updated:9/12/08 3:34 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
rducette said... (10/23/12 9:59 PM) Reply
Well, I'm convinced. I wanted something different for a winter coat this year and you've sold me on this one. I'm a bit of a novice (haven't done any major sewing since middle school) but I'm willing to go slow and follow directions for something as nice as what you've accomplished here. Wish me luck and thank you for the inspiration!
Trephas2003 said... (9/24/08 6:42 PM) Reply
It looks great!
AuntieBat said... (9/15/08 2:49 PM) Reply
Clean lines, wonderful drape to the skirts, details stylish without being over the top...hmm, maybe I should scale down this pattern to fit me! See, your work is inspiring. ;)
lilyofthevalley said... (9/13/08 5:25 PM) Reply
Kellie, wow! This is *some* Halloween costume; your Halloween Party must be the Event of the Year. Absolutely stunning and yes, it has a Dickensian flavor to it. Your work is so beautifully skilled. Holding out for the Grieving Widow costume, as well. Lovely, Lily ... DH Keith peeking over my shoulder and would like to say: holy shmoley. I would love to have this outfit to wear everyday! I mean it. Love the hat and walking stick! Keith
Nancy Anne said... (9/13/08 12:52 PM) Reply
Oh, WHAT a marvelous costume! I am truly impressed. Thanks for a great review!
Luckylibbet said... (9/13/08 12:26 PM) Reply
How fun! Came out looking terrific!
Annette1 said... (9/13/08 0:08 AM) Reply
Geez, I wouldn't mind having a coat like this myself. :o) This is too nice to be called a costume! Your husband looks great in this!
CharityAK said... (9/12/08 9:32 PM) Reply
Wellllll...isn't this impressive! Just gorgeous. Looks like something right out of a movie. You did a beautiful job. Looking forward to seeing the rest. :)
ryansmumAria said... (9/12/08 8:08 PM) Reply
wow! that is wonderful. I wish I lived in your neighborhood.
Heatherrique said... (9/12/08 4:50 PM) Reply
Spectacular! Your model looks wonderful!
dbsewer said... (9/12/08 4:35 PM) Reply
I love, love, love this outfit. Making costumes is so much fun and your DH looks spiffy as can be. Can't wait to see your costume pics. You've done such a great job on your DH's costume.
MagpieJen said... (9/12/08 3:32 PM) Reply
You're right - this gives a very nice impression of a more tailored jacket. The ensemble works really well together, I love it. This looks like a winning men's costume pattern.
amy in mpls said... (9/12/08 3:21 PM) Reply
OOOH! spooky and fantastic!
Rhoda K said... (9/12/08 3:16 PM) Reply
Beautiful job! I'm looking forward to seeing your ''grieving widow'' costume.

Other My Childhood Treasures