Online Sewing Class: Clone Your Favorite Garment

Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2694 (Wrap top made into a dress)

Reviewed by:Heidi Ho

About Heidi Hostar
Member since: 2/2/08
Posted on:9/12/08 10:49 PM
Last Updated:5/10/09 9:13 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
Kellie R. said... (5/12/09 8:28 AM) Reply
I can see why everbody likes your dress! You look fabulous in it! The color/fabric is great for this design. Great job!
emo said... (5/11/09 7:45 PM) Reply
Adorable. I woudln't have thought to make this into a dress, but now I'm wondering...
Beek said... (5/11/09 5:23 PM) Reply
I can see why you get so many compliments. This is such a cute dress. Also, thanks for the neckline tips!
Heatherrique said... (5/11/09 3:48 PM) Reply
Wow! Such stunning tops, Heidi! I adore that feline print on you! It's wonderful that you got a lot of mileage, I mean yardage from this pattern!
brissie71 said... (5/11/09 3:24 PM) Reply
Gorgeous!
khunter said... (5/10/09 11:17 PM) Reply
Wow! This is one I must try! great job.
Lori V said... (5/10/09 11:06 PM) Reply
Very cute.
persevering said... (5/10/09 10:26 PM) Reply
Stunning!!
pfaffkj said... (4/21/09 8:58 AM) Reply
Thank you for making this pattern up again!! I have this pattern in my stash but keep overlooking it for some reason. It looks super!
Kellie R. said... (4/21/09 8:57 AM) Reply
Who can be tired of seeing a great pattern that works, made new and refreshing each time? Great job!
2BSewing said... (4/21/09 8:48 AM) Reply
Your knit top really gives this pattern an up-to-date look. Great fabric choice. I also like how you lengthened into a dress. Another great idea. :)
pharmercoon said... (4/20/09 9:10 PM) Reply
So cute! You are teaching an old dog a new trick!
Amanda S. said... (4/20/09 8:02 PM) Reply
I'm loving both garments. Great job!
JoanneM said... (4/20/09 6:48 PM) Reply
Looks great. Well done!
Heatherrique said... (4/20/09 5:27 PM) Reply
Heidi, you're a knockout in this sleek dress! Great idea to use the top as a reference!
Christas said... (4/20/09 5:26 PM) Reply
Very nice dress! It looks great on you!
Luckylibbet said... (4/20/09 3:00 PM) Reply
Both are great, and thanks for the tip on the interfacing.
MagpieJen said... (4/20/09 1:54 PM) Reply
Well, I'm not tired of it :-) The top and the dress are both delightful. I love how you created the dress especially.
persevering said... (4/20/09 12:39 PM) Reply
How pretty and versatile your dress is! And how clever - successfully making a dress out of a top! Thanks for sharing what you figured out with us. (PS - Late because of being preoccupied with travel plans overseas for my daughter's wedding, I tried thanking you yesterday (when I read it for the 1st time) for your personal email to me re: your amazing pants!! - Due to my lateness, I think my response didn't transmit (I'm not a Friends of PR member).
Byrdie said... (4/20/09 10:13 AM) Reply
Very cute- I love the print.
carolynw said... (4/20/09 9:18 AM) Reply
Did you and "veloswear" colloborate? LOL both versions are beautiful and gives us all a great idea. Love your fabric
emo said... (4/20/09 8:28 AM) Reply
I have this pattern and have never made it. I'm an idiot! Yours looks great.
Lori V said... (4/20/09 7:08 AM) Reply
Great dress and top.
quixoticpixels said... (4/20/09 1:03 AM) Reply
I love your dress! I haven't seen this pattern before, so seeing your review pop up was great. :) I'm curious to try your interfacing technique.
valerie sews said... (9/13/08 5:51 PM) Reply
This KS top pattern is one of my all time favourites. I really like your dress. I'm also wondering if the bottom of it was just a slight A line or a bit more.
Fran G said... (9/13/08 7:32 AM) Reply
This is a very cute dress! I have used the Kwik Sew top several times. Can you give me a bit more detail on lengthening it into a dress. You said that the bottom part of the dress is from an old pattern..is there any pattern more current that would show me the bottom. I like that yours is not too full. No zipper, right? Just a throw on and go dress? Love them. Pretty fabric, too.
Skye said... (9/13/08 6:18 AM) Reply
really nice dress - thanks for the idea :)

by: MrsCharism...