Mood Fabrics

IA USA
Member since: 9/9/07
Sewing skills:Advanced Beginner
Posted on:9/16/08 11:03 PM

See other patterns in this category: Activewear
AnneM said... (9/27/08 7:39 PM) Reply
Great outfit. One thing I don't like about KS patterns is the sml-mdm-lrg sizing doesn't give a lot of variation. The bunching in the lower back would be 'sway back' (doesn't necessarily mean you have swayback, but that's what it's called). If you take a dart ouf of the pattern back piece, from the center fold & tapering to nothing at the sides, it will decrease the length of the back and should help w/ the fit there. I can't say it looks homemade to me, but I don't know what is available in skating outfits.
Heatherrique said... (9/17/08 12:01 PM) Reply
Super cool outfit! Homemade, nah.....Chic, yes! I always enjoy seeing active outfits made from Kwik Sew and Jalie! Thanks for sharing your details!
Skittl1321 said... (9/17/08 10:59 AM) Reply
LuceLu- the gaping is in the lower back (the small of my back). I guess gaping isn't the right word- maybe bunching? In the back view picture you can see some of the extra fabric- It's a function of length, not width, which is why I'm not sure how to get rid of it- because I need the length to match the front, where it fits as drafted- I'm just too short, I think and my stomach takes the fabric in the front. I had read a lot that Panne is difficult, but I didn't have any problems other than excess fuzz. I only did straight seams with it though.
LuceLu said... (9/17/08 8:44 AM) Reply
have you considered using the seam allowance on the back, (bringing it in a bit) to narrow it so you don't have the gapping? (if indeed, the gaping is in the upper back/behind the neck). I think it looks lovely for ice skating. Panne is difficult to sew with too.
sewtime said... (9/17/08 0:55 AM) Reply
Cute! Love the red and black combo!

by: Sheila457

Sew Chic Spin Skirt Pattern (ln1209)

Sew Chic Spin Skirt Pattern (ln1209)

Sew Liberated Sunday Picnic Blouse and Dress