Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4055

About Amy Elizabethstar
Member since: 7/25/06
Posted on:9/17/08 1:51 PM
Last Updated:9/19/08 3:47 PM
See other patterns in this category: Costumes

Other Projects by Amy Elizabeth using this Pattern

Fairworthy said... (5/16/11 7:30 AM) Reply
Thanks so much for the wonderful reviews. Thank you for taking the time to write everything down. All your information was an immense help to me and made my own sewing adventure of this dress a success! I even used the ribbon design idea. Wonderful job!!!
Iain said... (2/13/11 6:16 PM) Reply
Nice Frock! Yes I think this is the one I shall make at my college class. I could make it to fit my wife. I think a toile, of at least the top part, looks essential. Thanks Amy, your review has fired me up to have a go. There will be a tutor on hand if I mess up.
AnneM said... (9/28/08 9:55 AM) Reply
Lovely dresses. Great sleeve detail. Interesting info on the patterns, also. Thanks for that link.
Costume Queen said... (9/22/08 0:20 AM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous! I know a lot of regency style gowns are incredibly unflattering, but this one looks wonderful on her! I also use home dec fabric for my costumes.
MagpieJen said... (9/20/08 2:13 PM) Reply
I love Regency fashion, and your gown is wonderful! I have the S&S version and I've made it, so I really appreciated your review and learning how the two patterns differed, as well as seeing the Simplicity pattern made up. Thank you!
prokleta said... (9/20/08 1:55 PM) Reply
That dress is simply stunning! Great job.
Amy Elizabeth said... (9/19/08 8:11 PM) Reply
Thank you for your kind comments!! Nancy Anne, I added some "closer-up" details for you of the sleeve and the back!! And I also posted a picture of the two girls together on the other review. :)
AliciaNoel said... (9/19/08 5:48 PM) Reply
Beautiful work!
MamaSewing said... (9/19/08 11:50 AM) Reply
The sleeve detail is gorgeous! Great job on both dresses.
Luckylibbet said... (9/18/08 12:23 PM) Reply
The sleeves are stupendous! Love the color and the trim options you chose. Great job!
LuceLu said... (9/18/08 7:56 AM) Reply
You do some lovely work. I think I have this pattern. I just need a good reason to make it up. Ack. right now I am in the planning stages of my first Margo Elizabethan costume.
Nancy Anne said... (9/18/08 7:54 AM) Reply
Very pretty. Would love to see closer-up photos, though. I'm nosey about your details, which sound just lovely.
merteuil said... (9/18/08 3:13 AM) Reply
Wonderful gown and beautiful pictures! I love the slashed sleeves with underlay!
Meggie LuLu said... (9/17/08 11:17 PM) Reply
I LOVE this dress, too!!! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the fabric!!! Your pictures are GORGEOUS!!!!
Deepika said... (9/17/08 8:34 PM) Reply
Wow this is gorgeous Amy! I would have never guessed that this is a home dec fabric. You are so creative!
Puppy said... (9/17/08 2:54 PM) Reply
Very lovely and the setting for the photography is lovely too.
wreninrome said... (9/17/08 2:21 PM) Reply
gorgeous the use of home dec with more design features

Jalie 2565