Online Sewing Class: Clone Your Favorite Garment

Pattern Reviews> Other> 0000 (Singlet Style Grocery Bag)

Reviewed by:Maggie Cat

About Maggie Catstar
United States
Member since: 2/18/06

Posted on:9/17/08 9:31 PM
Last Updated:9/17/08 9:54 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
Holani said... (10/6/08 11:33 PM) Reply
Thanks for the great review and wonderful hints! The burrito method is totally awesome, such a timesaver and the results are great. Appreciate you taking the time to write this, great job!
Maggie Cat said... (10/5/08 9:27 PM) Reply
Thanks everyone for the nice comments, it is really appreciated. CarolynGM, I added the buttonholes at the very end so you could still put them in. I added four total - two on each of the handles. I measeaured down an inch from the center of the handle and put in 1 and 1/2 inch buttonholes. Because the handles were folded, I put the buttonholes through both the top and the bottom of the folded handle. Not sure if that makes sense. If you would want a better explanation, let me know. I also apologize for not getting back sooner. I had to go out of town and things have been crazy.
3KillerBs said... (10/4/08 6:19 PM) Reply
I wasn't crazy about the singlet-style bags because I thought they'd collapse when trying to load them. You fixed that with your buttonholes in the handles. That was just the thing the design needed.
CarolynGM said... (9/30/08 3:51 PM) Reply
I wish I had read your review before I made my bags. The buttonholes are a great idea!
sewtime said... (9/18/08 5:15 PM) Reply
Nice bags! Love the style!
AnitaJJ said... (9/18/08 10:12 AM) Reply
These are really cute. Your photos make them look like cute little tanktops!!! What a fun way to go shopping!!
LuceLu said... (9/18/08 8:16 AM) Reply
Great job! I love Craftster and all the creatives on there. I like how you incorporated different techniques and adaptations. My grocery clerks would love you for those buttonholes. I always ask them to pack the bags as much as possible because I hate making lots of trips back to the car.

Lekala Patterns 4284

by: peaceykeen

Sew Chic Valentine Slip Pattern (ln1207)

Sew Chic Valentine Slip Pattern (ln1207)

Sew Chic The Tia Dress Pattern (ln1312)

Sew Chic The Tia Dress Pattern (ln1312)