Misses Sizes (Bust 30" - 44.5")] [Women's sizes (Bust 43" - 55")]">Fit the Tee to a T Online Sewing Class

Pattern Reviews> Sewing Workshop> Hong Kong Vest (Hong Kong Vest)

Reviewed by:Linda E.

About Linda E.star
OK USA
Member since: 4/23/02
Skill level:Beginner
Posted on:3/15/02 7:08 PM
Last Updated:1/3/03 9:06 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people
See other patterns in this category: Vests
said... (11/12/02 1:29 AM) Reply
I've just started to make this vest. Before cutting out my fashion fabric, I made up a muslin to check the fit of the vest and to add pockets to the front. I'm glad I sewed that muslin. It made me realize that the pockets would work and that stitching the neckline at the shoulder seam is a challenge! As a result of that muslin, I will be adding a couple of seamlines to the front band. They'll be a continuation of the shoulder seams. I've also made the band shallower at the neckline, tapering it back out to its full width over the bustline.
said... (9/16/02 2:52 PM) Reply
Linda, I am always glad to see a pattern on a real person. I have this vest and you haveinspired me to make it. sincerely, http mom
said... (3/15/02 8:06 PM) Reply
Linda, your Hong Kong shirt is really nice. Your stamping came out great and adds a lot to it. Plus, I LOVE the Burda jacket -- I'm looking to see if you have reviewed that on here! :)

by: stonecutte...