Pattern Reviews> Loes Hinse Designs> 5104 (Venetian Vest)

Reviewed by:Nikki

About Nikkistarstarstarstar
MD USA
Member since: 4/8/02
Posted on:8/24/03 3:11 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
See other patterns in this category: Vests
Tonia Van Dyk said... (8/27/03 9:21 PM) Reply
Nikki, these are great vests! I have this pattern and for whatever reason just haven't gotten around to making it up. I think I'll need to pull it out. These would be great for the cooler fall weather that will inevitably arrive soon.
Nikki said... (8/25/03 9:01 AM) Reply
mudcat, yes, I went by the measurements listed on the back of the envelope, I didn't bother measuring the pattern pieces even tho it says to.... AnneM, I saw a similarly styled vest in a cotton/poly tapestry in the Orvis catalog for $130! It was a nice tapestry, but still!!!
AnneM said... (8/25/03 6:39 AM) Reply
I particularly like the paisley version. It reminds me of one my DH2B bought me, that cost - - I won't say how much.
mudcat said... (8/24/03 11:24 PM) Reply
Nikki, did you taper from XXS to S based on your measurements against the pattern measurements? Love the fabric choices!
SouthernStitch said... (8/24/03 10:08 PM) Reply
Nikki, I love your vests. Now I want to make one for the fall.
jlg said... (8/24/03 6:10 PM) Reply
Nikki, I like these vests on you, particularly the red one. Also, I love reading about your fabric treatments. You seem so nonchalant about something that seems very adventurous to me.
Mini said... (8/24/03 4:33 PM) Reply
This view of the vest looks very elegant, and it is easy to coordinate with all kinds of separates. Loes Hinse patterns are drafted with a very square shoulder line, so you might consider a sloping shoulder adjustment to bring the fit in a little closer in this area. Otherwise, I think the fit looks perfect, and the shoulder width is flattering on you.

Other My Childhood Treasures