Online Sewing Class: Bust Adjustments

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4095 (Knit top, pants, skirt)

Reviewed by:PatCSM

About PatCSMstar
Member since: 5/8/07
Posted on:9/21/08 5:37 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Plus    Skirts
AnneM said... (10/1/08 5:58 AM) Reply
Well, you win some you lose some. Good you have a TNT pattern to fall back on. I'm not sure what to offer as suggestions on the pants; I have troubles myself with them. I think cfabrication mentions some good possibilies.
PatCSM said... (9/21/08 9:37 PM) Reply
geeklite, my TNT is one I made from a pair of RTW when they wore out. I keep hoping I will find one from a pattern company, but so far no luck.
Aunt Gail said... (9/21/08 5:37 PM) Reply
I swear I learn JUST as much from reviews where someone doesn't like their results - but went ahead and finished the project and then discussed it here on PR> Thanks for your review. Hugs
cfabrication said... (9/21/08 3:50 PM) Reply
I sure see what you mean about the fit. It looks to me as if the gathered waistline requires lots more fabric than you need in the legs. Maybe in a really soft knit the width of the leg wouldn't be so much of a problem, but in the cotton they look a lot bigger than your legs are. Also, I know I need to shorten the center front seam on most pants -- that might help the way the legs hang. The legs look like they sort of swing backwards.
Zegi said... (9/21/08 8:56 AM) Reply
I'm sorry you weren't happy with it. It isn't nice when the picture is misleading.
geeklite said... (9/21/08 8:14 AM) Reply
I see what you mean about how the legs hang - just out of curiosity, what is your TNT pant pattern?

by: Jonni Ange...