Pattern Reviews> KnipMode Magazine> 07-2008-16 (Vest)

Reviewed by:MissCelie

About MissCeliestarstarstarstar
MD United States
Posted on:9/22/08 8:15 AM
Last Updated:9/22/08 8:19 AM
SoVintage said... (6/2/10 10:32 PM) Reply
I love the neckline of this....and thank you for the review
CarolynGM said... (9/24/08 7:16 AM) Reply
Very chic and flattering. I love the contrast and the asymmetric closure.
nicegirl said... (9/23/08 3:17 PM) Reply
Oh man, I LOVE it. Your fabric/color choices are fab, and I think the fit looks great. That asymmetric closure is sensational.
Beek said... (9/23/08 11:31 AM) Reply
Cute vest! I love the collar detail. Nice work!
cindyann said... (9/23/08 7:40 AM) Reply
Great review. Like everyone else, I think your color choices are spot on.
Erica B. said... (9/23/08 0:48 AM) Reply
What a great vest! Love the style of it.
Nancywin said... (9/22/08 8:41 PM) Reply
I love that collar treatment and the (matching?) buttons. The fit may not be perfect, but I would have never noticed if you would not have mentioned it. I love the vest with this skirt. Very stylish
HLT said... (9/22/08 6:27 PM) Reply
I like the whole ensemble. It looks so fresh and chic!! This vest is very modern, and if your picture speak 1000 words, 2 of them would be great fit.
Markie1 said... (9/22/08 5:59 PM) Reply
Cidell! Het goede werk. Ik ben zo jealous! Waar vond u dat tijdschrift? Ik hout van het! :)
Dei said... (9/22/08 5:38 PM) Reply
Always taking on a challenge. I love this!
Karen6790 said... (9/22/08 3:06 PM) Reply
No one but you will see anything wrong in that best - I think it looks great on you. Love the asymmetric closure. I'm with Lindsay - looks like something you'd pay a lot of money for in a boutique, and you wouldn't get that fit in RTW.
LindsayT said... (9/22/08 1:38 PM) Reply
Love it. Looks like something you'd pay a lot of money for at a trendy boutique in the Village.
Ann Smith said... (9/22/08 12:41 PM) Reply
It looks very cool and current. I think you look great and even if you feel the fit isn't perfect it still works.
lilyofthevalley said... (9/22/08 12:30 PM) Reply
Cidell, your fabric selections are superb to showcase the lines of this fabulous vest - a little bit vintage, a little bit flirty, and totally chic. (I also love the little top you're wearing underneath; it's very You.) Please wear this vest with the confidence that you look beautiful. Lovely, Lily
amy in mpls said... (9/22/08 12:22 PM) Reply
So So cute. Great trim and color combo!
zora said... (9/22/08 11:41 AM) Reply
That's a great pattern, love it
Kath in ON said... (9/22/08 10:46 AM) Reply
It's really cute, and I agree with you that the fit could be a bit better, but that shouldn't stop you from wearing it!
Sigrid. said... (9/22/08 10:23 AM) Reply
Nice to see you try Knip mode. The color combination is great. Just wear it with pride, it's fine, fit is better than most rtw.
Karen8320 said... (9/22/08 10:21 AM) Reply
Cidell, I think your version looks much more attractive than the version in the magazine. The colors suit you really well and the asymmetrical closure is an interesting design feature. The photo looks really good, however only you know whether the fit is just right for you. It's an interesting pattern and your review is helpful.
senaSews said... (9/22/08 10:18 AM) Reply
gorgeous vest and nice to see you back in the sewing groove.
Peacock Chic said... (9/22/08 9:29 AM) Reply
Oh My Gosh I love it!!! That white striped fabric really makes that vest and the little bit of grey wool...Fabulous!
CatMukai said... (9/22/08 9:25 AM) Reply
I love how you used the trim around the collar! Your buttons look much better than the buckle, too. Great vest!
marec said... (9/22/08 9:21 AM) Reply
I think this vest is perfect. The design and color are terrific together. I know you feel as though the fit is "off", but I don't see it and I'm sure most others won't either. Again, very nice top.
Vonnevo said... (9/22/08 8:51 AM) Reply
Super stylish gilet, Cidell ! Your colour combinations make this one shine :)

New Look 6722 OOP