Mood Fabrics

PA USA
Member since: 4/10/02
Posted on:9/23/08 3:00 PM

Gelbean said... (10/21/08 10:59 PM) Reply
Your top is very pretty. The blue looks really nice on you.
AnneM said... (10/8/08 6:47 AM) Reply
I think the shoulder issue is just that the top isn't centered on you; it is shifted over to your left slightly in the picture. The top is cute in many ways on you; the only thing that strikes me is that wrinkle in the front, and I can't tell if that is just something in the picture or if it is persistent. Wear it around the house a little & see what you think; since a picture just captures one pose sometimes a garment works better 'in person' than you think when you look at the picture of yourself.
nicegirl said... (9/24/08 4:29 PM) Reply
Fifteen pieces is a lot! Wow! The color is great and that opening in the front is really neat detail.
Luckylibbet said... (9/24/08 12:07 PM) Reply
Great job! I think it is wearable, but I agree with your comment about the shoulders being too wide. But it came out looking terrific, the style and the color suit you well! Well worth the effort you put in! And a VERY helpful review, thanks!
DivaQ said... (9/24/08 9:16 AM) Reply
I have this in my to do stack. I agree that it would be a lot of work due to the amount of pieces, which I think is quite a bit for a top! LOL And, that is probably why it's still in my to do, not yet cut. Thanks for the review and yours came out great!
maryfrana said... (9/23/08 11:15 PM) Reply
I have this pattern. Thanks for the great review. And especially for the info on the invisible zipper. I think your top looks great, by the way.
Darla in PA said... (9/23/08 5:46 PM) Reply
Aly, maybe it's not just my shape that is making the weird wrinkles. I did notice that the model has her hand on her hip and I'm pretty certain that would cause some wrinkles to disappear.
ALY said... (9/23/08 5:34 PM) Reply
The color of your top is a very flattering color for you, I have made this top and it is a lot of work. Mine had odd wrinkles in the bust area. I wasn't quite shaped the way it was and didn't know how to fix it what with all the seaming that forms the front opening. I thought any alterations might change the shape of the opening, I think the "v" back is very nice looking.

Simplicity 2067