Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 3129 (Dress)

Reviewed by:Karen6790

Available for sale on PR: $3.99 $14.50 Pattern Details
Available for sale on PR: $3.99 $14.50 Pattern Details

Sweater knit fabrics

Gendun said... (3/22/12 11:43 AM) Reply
It's very pretty, and I'm SO glad you told us it was a costume! I had been thinking "Wow, this looks so period on her; I wonder how she feels about that?" (chuckles) I suspect it is the stiffness of the fabric that does it, along with the rickrack & colour, both of which scream ingenue. Well done!
Snowkj said... (8/26/09 9:49 PM) Reply
I just stated cutting this one out and decided to look up a review of it. I'm so pleased to know it came out well.
yvonneH said... (4/23/09 2:32 PM) Reply
thanks very much for helpful review. i never like to buy pattern without photo of model and just drawing. it's good to see someone has actually made it and see the photo of the dress on real people. thanks a lot
gellod said... (4/17/09 4:48 PM) Reply
I have this pattern, I purchased it two weeks ago. Having read your review I now feel comfortable in making it, so watch this space!! I love what you have done with the design on the pockets, very unique.
AnneM said... (10/8/08 6:38 AM) Reply
It is certainly flattering on the wearer, much prettier than the envelope indicates. Great job on the dress, and it certainly meets the look requested in the drawing.
marec said... (9/25/08 9:19 AM) Reply
Very cool dress and interesting review. I love the style and think this would make up a fun, vintage look dress. I wonder what it would look like in a brown silk?
nancy2001 said... (9/25/08 9:12 AM) Reply
Lovely dress and beautiful photo of the actress posing in front of the antique furniture.
Athene said... (9/24/08 8:51 PM) Reply
Your version of the pattern is so nice looking I do hope you make one for yourself.
nicegirl said... (9/24/08 4:26 PM) Reply
Princess seams really are the best, aren't they? Can't wait to see what you make for yourself out of it!
fourkid said... (9/24/08 10:03 AM) Reply
I have this pattern - I am inspired to make it soon!
ryan's mom said... (9/24/08 6:25 AM) Reply
This is a great dress! I agree--gotta love those princess seams :) . I can't wait to see what your fashion-oriented self does with your own version.
Kitty Couture said... (9/24/08 3:32 AM) Reply
Looks great, Karen! Love the rickrack.
Kaitlinnegan said... (9/24/08 0:52 AM) Reply
This looks like such a great basic pattern! Thanks for your review - the dress looks wonderful. I see what you mean about it looking better on a real person!

Jamie Christina Mission Maxi Paper Pattern