Pattern Reviews> Loes Hinse Designs> 5001 (European Pant)

Reviewed by:CarolynGM

About CarolynGMstarstarstarstar
AR USA
Member since: 3/9/03
Posted on:8/31/03 1:39 PM
Last Updated:11/21/04 6:23 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants

Vesta Patterns

vestapatterns.com

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

Wilbur said... (7/23/06 11:34 AM) Reply
very detailed and honest,update is a good idea.
drsue said... (11/22/04 4:48 PM) Reply
These are so terrific on you. I'd make them myself if I thought they'd look like that on me!
Kristi_Dugan said... (11/22/04 10:05 AM) Reply
Beautiful pants!
Levone said... (11/21/04 10:48 PM) Reply
These pants look great on you.
Sew4Fun said... (11/21/04 7:21 PM) Reply
Irina, I love our latest pair of pants. The fabric you chose looks perfect for this pattern. Great job!
Jennifer shaw said... (11/21/04 6:20 PM) Reply
What gorgeous pants! Thanks for the wonderful review.
CarolynGM said... (9/3/03 5:02 AM) Reply
Thanks jwmcgtl. I did actually find the tip you mentioned a day after I made the pants. Somebody else mentioned it in a review so I checked it out. I think it would have solved my problem so I will definitely use it next time.
jwmcgtl said... (9/2/03 9:32 AM) Reply
Basting the elastic vertically at the seams/cf/cb works beautifully. This tip is posted here at PR. It is such a simple easy technique but makes a great deal of difference in the ease of applying the elastic.
AnneM said... (9/1/03 4:45 PM) Reply
Yes, it would be nice to see these on. I gave the pattern drawing another look, & like the longer derriere darts, since my back side is definitely larger while my front is fairly flat. Your review is definitely making me look at this pattern again. Sorry, can't help on the zipper at all. But I like your idea of basting the elastic prior to using the serger; I am uncertain of myself enough on the serger to feel that would be helpful.
Karen Bowers said... (9/1/03 4:07 PM) Reply
irina, i was fascinated to read your detailed swayback, full derriere adjustment -- that's a good description of how i'm built. i've toyed with the idea of getting the euros, but i since i already have the cruise pants, i've waffled on buying them.
CarolynGM said... (9/1/03 6:15 AM) Reply
Thanks Georgene. I need to recruit somebody to take a picture of me wearing the pants, especially the side view. In studying my Fast Fit book last night, I decided I might need a low seat adjustment instead of additional protruding derriere fixes. I'll try that next. Once I've achieved the fit I really want, I'll update the review.
Georgene said... (8/31/03 10:38 PM) Reply
Irina, I'd love to see the pant on you. A good fitting pant is such a treasure. Thanks for the good description of you patttern adjustments.

Pattern Work