Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2897 (Misses Jacket)

Reviewed by:Karen8320

About Karen8320star
Member since: 3/14/04
Posted on:10/5/08 7:12 AM
Last Updated:10/5/08 7:12 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 24 people
gatorgirl4325 said... (10/6/08 4:03 PM) Reply
Fantastic jacket - I can't wait to see your other versions.
JamieLiz said... (10/6/08 9:29 AM) Reply
This is a really fine looking jacket! I love the way it looks in a casual (i.e. with jeans) outfit. It's too bad the pattern is out of print.
Karine said... (10/6/08 8:57 AM) Reply
Your jacked turned out beautifully. Not only is it an interesting pattern, but it fits you very well.
Sharon1952 said... (10/6/08 8:37 AM) Reply
Wow, you look great in that color! Nice details and great lines. I'm glad to know that fabrics sitting stashs eventually gets used - I just keep buying more!
Danvillegirl said... (10/6/08 5:24 AM) Reply
Lovely jacket. Love the design lines.
Vonnevo said... (10/5/08 7:11 PM) Reply
Fabulous !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
moushka said... (10/5/08 6:53 PM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket, you did a beautiful job. I love the seam details. Mmmmm, I wonder if that jacket would give me the illusion of a waist ;-)
Annette1 said... (10/5/08 6:31 PM) Reply
Hey, GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE! I've been mulling over this jacket, myself. Yours is SPECTACULAR! I LOVE the back, as well as just the overall fit. This one can EASILY dress up or down. That interfacing sounds very interesting that you mentioned. I don't think I've ever seen fusible cotton interfacing. It sure turns out a beautiful garment! I'm going to Google Staflex -- ha! BEAUTIFUL JACKET!
Schnauzer said... (10/5/08 4:50 PM) Reply
A beautifully sewn jacket Karen. Very nice!
Heatherrique said... (10/5/08 2:57 PM) Reply
Wow, Karen! Your new jacket looks outrageous! Beautiful style, fit, details...everything! I adore your cute picture...lookey here, lookey here....! Thanks for a very helpful review!
halleyscomet said... (10/5/08 2:08 PM) Reply
Amazing looking jacket!
Nancy Rhodes said... (10/5/08 11:36 AM) Reply
I particularly enjoyed your review... the phrasing about " stash ... over a decade..." made me smile. Glad to meet you! Maybe we were separated at birth due to similar stashing habits. Bravo ! what a gorgeous jacket. I will be on the look out for that pattern. I like the double princess seamlines on the front bodice.
BlossomKyle said... (10/5/08 11:35 AM) Reply
Looks really great! Congrats!
Re Becca said... (10/5/08 11:19 AM) Reply
very sharp! I like the topstitching.
Beek said... (10/5/08 11:05 AM) Reply
The seaming in the back is magnificient. Adds so much interest along with a flattering fit!
persevering said... (10/5/08 10:56 AM) Reply
Thanks so much for sharing this with us. I'm getting back into sewing, and you are definitely helping to inspire me, with this review and your others too.
Mahler said... (10/5/08 10:45 AM) Reply
Your jacket looks wonderful on you. T
carolynw said... (10/5/08 9:46 AM) Reply
Wonderful jacket - I just love the way it fits you. Although the fabric has been in the stash for a long time the color is one of the "in" this year!! Things do go round don't they?
Christas said... (10/5/08 9:08 AM) Reply
You look so cute in your new jacket!
mamalobb said... (10/5/08 9:02 AM) Reply
Great fit and lovely jacket. It looks like you'll get a lot of use from this style and color. Thanks for the tips on fitting.
pfaffkj said... (10/5/08 8:56 AM) Reply
Very nice, Karen. The color looks great on you and the fit is wonderful -- very flattering.
suesmith said... (10/5/08 8:32 AM) Reply
Karen, great looking jacket!
Caitycat said... (10/5/08 8:31 AM) Reply
What a fabulous jacket - great job, and the fit is superb!
Larri Seams Inspired said... (10/5/08 8:23 AM) Reply
This is really sharp! I love it!
blue mooney said... (10/5/08 7:59 AM) Reply
Karen, love your photo pointing out the sleeve detail. Your jacket is just perfect for the use you described, and I agree, this pattern was just made for your linen! Beautiful result.

StyleArc Twiggy Dress