Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 03-2005-108 (V-neck Raglan Top)

Reviewed by:MissCelie

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 12 people

Boho Banjo art to wear

pdf sewing patterns

nicegirl said... (10/7/08 3:15 PM) Reply
I am so in love with raglan sleeves right now. Great use for your leftover fabric!
Karen8320 said... (10/7/08 7:37 AM) Reply
Cidell, I loved your dress in this fabric and I love the top too! You have such a good eye for fabric design placement and you've done such a great job with your use of it on this entire garment. Fabulous work and you look stunning!
Catbird said... (10/6/08 8:54 PM) Reply
This is so pretty! Great use of the fabric's design. And I love the idea of bringing 'gentleman caller' back into vogue -- we need more civility in our language!
gatorgirl4325 said... (10/6/08 3:58 PM) Reply
That print really *works* in a raglan style .... your GC has a good eye! ; )
kim*brown said... (10/6/08 1:58 PM) Reply
Such a unique print. I really like this!
Woolygal said... (10/6/08 1:06 PM) Reply
So is your gentleman a keeper. Nice top.
Annette1 said... (10/6/08 12:56 PM) Reply
I, too, recognized this beautiful fabric right off, and I well remember that stunner of a dress you made. This top is equally so! Your skillfull placement of the design just makes it. :o)
Kbenco said... (10/5/08 8:59 PM) Reply
I love this fabric, and your great top really shows it off perfectly (again, the dress is super cool as well). I agree with your astute gentleman caller!
cindy-lou said... (10/5/08 8:21 PM) Reply
Oh, SWEET top! I love it! And you're right... if he noticed, it's a keeper. :)
emailtk said... (10/5/08 8:20 PM) Reply
Love it!!!!!!!!!
Karen6790 said... (10/5/08 7:09 PM) Reply
You know it's good when you cut through the man fog and get a compliment right off the bat. Great job and use of the too-good-to-leave-in-the-scrap-bin fabric.
Sewing Chick said... (10/5/08 4:49 PM) Reply
Forget sewing! I want to spend an afternoon in your closet! Would you send me your rejects? Your creations are incredible.
Heatherrique said... (10/5/08 3:00 PM) Reply
Cidell, you looks so svelte and electrifying in your new top! Your G.C. definitely has great taste!
michellep74 said... (10/5/08 1:48 PM) Reply
Very cute! I love that fabric--and it keeps popping up on PR. I'm kinda bummed that I didn't pick some up when Ann had it in stock!
Dei said... (10/5/08 12:16 PM) Reply
You got your money's worth from this fabric! Cute top. Nice that your "gentleman caller" noticed. hee, hee
BlossomKyle said... (10/5/08 11:32 AM) Reply
Wow!! Love the neck and sleeve bands. You have excellent taste! Nina Garcia would approve!
Deepika said... (10/5/08 11:31 AM) Reply
Wow, amazing placement on the fabric. I love this top!
Christas said... (10/5/08 11:12 AM) Reply
Cute! Cute! Cute!
Beek said... (10/5/08 11:02 AM) Reply
Love the way you utilized the pattern on teh fabric with the sewing pattern. Clever girl, you are!
PhyllisC said... (10/5/08 10:56 AM) Reply
KIller! I love it. Ever since Gigi got us all going on this fabric I've seen a few versions using this fabric that just curl my hair (and not in a good way) in terms of how they placed the design, but your versions are two of the best!
Seaspur said... (10/5/08 10:50 AM) Reply
That looks great! I always hesitated to make this one because of the word "plunging" in the description, but it doesn't look low at all on you.
CarolynGM said... (10/5/08 10:38 AM) Reply
That gentleman caller is quite a find -- he not only notices, but remembers your clothes and compliments them as well.
Elke said... (10/5/08 10:22 AM) Reply
Love this top and the way you placed the print at the neckline!
Mary Stiefer said... (10/5/08 10:02 AM) Reply
Don't you just love it when they pay attention to what you wear. Love this and your use of the fabric is wonderful.
Christina Sonja said... (10/5/08 10:01 AM) Reply
What a great way to continue to wear this awesome print during the cooler months.
dbsewer said... (10/5/08 9:58 AM) Reply
Gorgeous top. Your friend, like you, has excellent taste.
Mahler said... (10/5/08 9:50 AM) Reply
This definitely a gorgeous top, on a gorgeous woman! Super use of that fabric.
carolynw said... (10/5/08 9:34 AM) Reply
Beautiful top - love the way you placed the fabric design - agree with your "gentleman caller" keep the top" and he sounds like a keeper too - smile
Zegi said... (10/5/08 9:22 AM) Reply
What an awesome top! I agree with your gentleman, the fabric is great!

by: LM2HYD