Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2562 (Women's Polo Shirts)

Reviewed by:PhyllisC

Last Updated:10/5/08 3:44 PM
Pattern Size:Petite

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 24 people
Cultured Purl said... (2/26/10 5:51 PM) Reply
Thanks for the great review! You top is very cute! The reason I choose this pattern was b/c I have lots of fabric in my stash( from years ago) that is high quality but does not have the lycra of today's fabrics and I was looking for something that is a step above the average T to make some shirts , this fit the bill! I like the fact that it can still be current , and smart looking yet the collar adds a nice touch And it IS just like some shirt I did purhase from LE a year ago! I think you hit the nail right on the head! It will be one of the first patterns I tackle after I make some lingerie!
AnneM said... (10/20/08 8:48 PM) Reply
Very professional looking, of course! Jalie is coming out with more basic styles in addition to the sewing / sport styles (and some very cute ones, also).
candyo said... (10/15/08 9:30 PM) Reply
I thought I hated polo shirts, but I like this!!
chrisquilts_2 said... (10/7/08 1:41 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review and the nudge. Mine is complete all the way to the collar stand and I am completely stuck. I'll pull out the pattern and see if fresh eyes makes all clear. thanks again.
Trephas2003 said... (10/6/08 6:15 PM) Reply
It looks great!
Deepika said... (10/6/08 11:28 AM) Reply
Great top Phyllis. Another Jalie staple. I really have to sew this one.
Amanda S. said... (10/6/08 11:24 AM) Reply
What a great top! I love the crisp white collar and your fabric choice. Nice job!
cindyann said... (10/6/08 10:02 AM) Reply
Fantastic looking shirt, Phyllis! Very, very helpful review!
Elke said... (10/6/08 8:37 AM) Reply
Looks great and thanks for the helpful review.
Lori V said... (10/5/08 11:25 PM) Reply
Very nice top, I like the contrast.
Kbenco said... (10/5/08 8:57 PM) Reply
Very smart, and a fabulous review, thank you.
Sandi S said... (10/5/08 7:06 PM) Reply
This looks fantastic! I've been thinking about getting this pattern - just might have to do it now that I've seen how nice this looks.
shesflipped said... (10/5/08 4:14 PM) Reply
Your top turned out perfectly! I love the print with the solid collar! I've had this pattern for ages, but, your review may have just inspired me to give it a try. Thanks for sharing your wonderful top and great review.
Heatherrique said... (10/5/08 2:59 PM) Reply
Sharp looking shirt, Phyllis!
Mary Nanna said... (10/5/08 2:58 PM) Reply
I have just made the kwik sew version of this. I hear your placat and raise you lots of centre front puckers! It requires a degree of accuracy I have never needed before. I was out by a mere 1 mm (1/25 inch) inserting the woven placat into the stretch knit and it shows in a little tuck either side! Being smack bang centre front does not help the cause... thanks for the tips.. gives me some ideas for next time.
michellep74 said... (10/5/08 1:33 PM) Reply
Add me to the list of "I've had this pattern for a while but haven't sewn it up yet." I love the funky print you used with this--it really makes a cute, unexpected polo.
MissCelie said... (10/5/08 12:36 PM) Reply
I'm so not a polo shirt person because they always seem so basic. Yours, I LOVE! I'm also digging how you got a totally RTW look with the collar. Who says there are things you can't make at home!
Christas said... (10/5/08 11:13 AM) Reply
This knit is perfect for this ... great looking top!
Karla Kizer said... (10/5/08 11:11 AM) Reply
Another pattern I've had for ages, but haven't gotten around to. Now that you've test-driven it for us, maybe it's time.... And you're right - basic, Lands End style, but your fabric choice makes all the difference.
LindsayT said... (10/5/08 11:07 AM) Reply
Oh, this turned out great! Good tips on the collar. Given your endorsement, Phyllis, I'm definitely going to check out Jalie patterns for my knit tops.
marec said... (10/5/08 11:07 AM) Reply
Terrific top-I love the main fabric and the contrast fabric together. Great job on the collar-it looks perfect. Thanks for the details on SA in the review, and the tip on marking when making a stand collar.

by: cleverkitt...