Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 08-2008-119A (Shawl-front empire jacket)

Reviewed by:Debra H

About Debra Hstarstarstarstar
NC USA
Member since: 7/16/04
Posted on:10/5/08 8:22 PM
Last Updated:10/5/08 9:19 PM

Karen8320 said... (10/7/08 4:29 AM) Reply
Great work, Debra, as always. I really love what you've done with this pattern. You've definitely improved upon the original. It looks fantastic!
tlmck3 said... (10/6/08 11:23 PM) Reply
This looks wonderful and you write some of the most helpful reviews around. Thanks for all the detail!
OP Gal said... (10/6/08 10:20 PM) Reply
Very clever adaptation of the pattern. The fabric is beautiful. I wonder where you get such beautiful rayon prints. I find it so difficult to find prints in anything other than polyester. I'll be looking forward to your review of your next version of this pattern.
Becky Coleman said... (10/6/08 8:29 PM) Reply
I have a slippery piece of rayon/cotton that I had thought about using for this pattern. Your review gives me courage to do it! Thanks for an excellent review (as always.)
Heatherrique said... (10/6/08 5:10 PM) Reply
Very chic and cheerful! Beautiful job as always!
Karendee said... (10/6/08 1:48 PM) Reply
Lovely jacket; excellent review.
Annette1 said... (10/6/08 12:45 PM) Reply
I love the unique styling of this jacket. I would think it's very versatile too. LOVELY work, as usual. :o)
Modiste Madness said... (10/6/08 10:37 AM) Reply
Thank yo for your detailed review. I let my subscription to BWOF lapse and I regret it. This is a great pattern. Your version is wonderfula as always.
Karen6790 said... (10/6/08 9:21 AM) Reply
I always love your fabrics, and your pattern choices are right behind. I looked at this pattern and dismissed it because it was for knits, but you've made me re-evaluate and want to try it in a woven. Beautiful work, as usual, and thanks for all the extra detail.
DaisyEsq said... (10/6/08 7:19 AM) Reply
Thank you for the thorough review. Nice jacket!
BillieJean said... (10/6/08 6:02 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket and as always, an extremely helpful review. Thank you so much.
marec said... (10/6/08 0:42 AM) Reply
Thanks for such a comprehensive review. I love your interpretation of this jacket-the fabric is wonderful.
Seaspur said... (10/5/08 11:56 PM) Reply
I love your version of this jacket! I'm always amazed at how fabric choice redefines a pattern.
hongkongshopper said... (10/5/08 10:43 PM) Reply
I dismissed this pattern as it was so short, but your version is much improved. Thanks for the review.
BetsyV said... (10/5/08 10:20 PM) Reply
Great review, Debra. Thanks for the details and tips on the collar/facing piece.
Kbenco said... (10/5/08 8:39 PM) Reply
Your woven version of this jacket looks really good. Thank you for such a detailed and comprehensive review.

by: ArtAttack

by: GoodbyeVal...

Sew Chic Southern Belle Dress Pattern (ln8503)

Sew Chic Southern Belle Dress Pattern (ln8503)

Sewn Square One Small Change Pattern