Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3841 (Threads skirt,pleat variation)

Reviewed by:ClaireEmily

About ClaireEmilystarstarstar
WA United States
Member since: 9/28/08
Posted on:10/9/08 1:05 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 11 people

Vintage Joan said... (10/17/08 11:33 PM) Reply
Something must be wrong with their sizing -- I agree with Ruthie, there's no way you are a size 22 (as proof, I notice you say you should have made a size 18 in that twirly Burda skirt you just made, and Burda normally has a closer fit). But anyway, I think this skirt is super cute on you. I love the soft grey corduroy. And am I ever jealous of how nice the all-round pleating looks on you, even from the back for heaven's sake! :)
Nancy Anne said... (10/10/08 9:04 AM) Reply
I was thinking the same thing that Caitycat said- would this work well for my hips? I avoid pleated skirts just because of the added bulk of the pleat at the side hip. I honestly do think it's a cute skirt on you. Love your fabric! Seems like it would match with a ton of different tops.
Woolygal said... (10/10/08 7:04 AM) Reply
After all that work it looks like you saved it. Looking good.
fourkid said... (10/10/08 6:48 AM) Reply
Like you, I am learning to sew the hard way - pattern instructions and picking! Very good insights about the pattern - but the end result is a beautiful skirt that looks lovely on you. Enjoy the beautiful product!
sewtime said... (10/9/08 5:24 PM) Reply
It is a beautiful skirt. You look very pretty in it. Adding the pleat might have been a nightmare, but the way it looks on you it is worth it.
Annette1 said... (10/9/08 4:51 PM) Reply
Oh, my gosh, having to pick all those PLEATS apart! I can't believe it! :o) It must have just been the turn of the cloth that made enough difference in the sizing. BUT I will say the skirt looks SUPER CUTE on you! I hope you wear the heck out of it. :o)
Karendee said... (10/9/08 1:15 PM) Reply
But the skirt looks adorable on you. Sorry you don't care for the pattern.
Caitycat said... (10/9/08 8:20 AM) Reply
Ahhh, I would be sewing a 22 - thanks for the info that the pleats are not at the side! (although perhaps on a hippy figure like mine, that flat side could be a good thing?) You look great in it, anyway!
RuthieSews said... (10/9/08 6:41 AM) Reply
I agree its poor from a design point of view, but have a flat area at the sides is more slimming IMHO. P.S. There is no way you are a size 22! At least you don't look it. Skirt came out really well and is a lovely smart yet comfortable look.
JenSews2 said... (10/9/08 1:24 AM) Reply
It looks really nice! Thanks for the warning about the pleats, that'll come in handy!

Understanding Knit Fabrics