Pattern Reviews> CNT> 1001 (All Piecing Aside)

Reviewed by:Miss Fairchild

About Miss Fairchildstarstarstarstar
Posted on:10/21/08 7:57 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 16 people

Other Projects by Miss Fairchild using this Pattern

nancy2001 said... (8/11/09 8:52 PM) Reply
Very cute jacket.
AnneM said... (11/18/08 5:54 AM) Reply
Great jacket. Absolutely love your fabric choices.
lilyofthevalley said... (11/2/08 11:28 AM) Reply
Beth, absolutely gorgeous jacket! Your color choices and combinations, your meticulous echo quilting - all merge to create this Beauty. I had to smile at your picture dyslexia, as illustrations sometimes leave me more puzzled than enlightened, too. Excellent review with lots of tips and techniques, too. Thank you for that. Very, very lovely, Lily
JustTrina said... (10/31/08 4:50 PM) Reply
Fantastic Jacket. wonderfully executed, totally creative, great fabric choices! just absolutely lovely!!
3KillerBs said... (10/26/08 7:51 PM) Reply
Beautiful, harmonious color selections. The asymmetrical closure lets the piecing shine without a bunch of seams breaking it up.
Miss Fairchild said... (10/23/08 7:00 PM) Reply
Thank you, Michele. I am really happy with it.
michellep74 said... (10/23/08 2:35 PM) Reply
Wow, I love this! What a creative use of cotton for a garment and what a gorgeous contest entry!
Miss Fairchild said... (10/22/08 9:11 PM) Reply
Thank you, clin. I just saw the ones I wanted, and used the outside envelope as a guide.
carolynw said... (10/22/08 9:19 AM) Reply
It's beautiful - I just love the colors you used.
Woolygal said... (10/22/08 7:07 AM) Reply
thanks for this review. the sleeve cap tip is a good one.
Miss Fairchild said... (10/21/08 11:20 PM) Reply
Maggie Cat, the thing that got me involved with this company was seeing one of their patterns through a catalog (Xceptional Dress). I liked the idea of a patchwork dress, however, that pattern had some problems (see my review dated 7/23/08). I decided I would give the company another try by working with another pattern and this time everything worked well.
j222b said... (10/21/08 10:31 PM) Reply
Fabulous review!!
Maggie Cat said... (10/21/08 9:47 PM) Reply
Very interesting techniques. Your jacket is very pretty. I never heard of the this company or thier patterns. I did see one I was interested in but there are no line drawings or sizing information/measurements. So I guess I am asking what lead you to this company and pattern? You seem to be very pleased with the pattern and the outcome. Thanks!
marec said... (10/21/08 9:17 PM) Reply
Thanks for an interesting review. I do NOT have time to learn a new craft but your description of the echo quilting really piqued my interest. Beautiful jacket-I can't wait to see the one you are planning out of wool.
katlew03 said... (10/21/08 8:27 PM) Reply
I'll have to try the maze quilting. I had never heard of it before. It sure would help keep the fabric from slipping without using a lot of pins, etc. Forget basting, I tried that once and kept getting my presser foot caught. You can tell I'm not much of a quilter. Love the colors. Your jacket looks great on you.

by: ryan's mom