Online Sewing Class: The Contemporary Couture Jacket

Pattern Reviews> Ottobre Woman Magazine> 05-2008-13 (Sweet Nelly Wool Jacket)

Reviewed by:mlsews

About mlsewsstar
Member since: 9/6/07
Posted on:10/10/08 11:01 PM
Last Updated:11/20/08 11:36 PM

Kellie R. said... (11/22/08 5:20 PM) Reply
Very pretty and feminine - what a lovely jacket!
Heatherrique said... (11/22/08 1:39 PM) Reply
Absolutely very cute!
Beek said... (11/22/08 1:32 PM) Reply
This looks like a designer jacket. I love the pockets and the belted waist. So cute!
Christas said... (11/22/08 10:24 AM) Reply
Ooooooooooh! I loved the first version, but I REALLY love the second version!!! I am planning on making this jacket... thanks for taking the time to review the changes you made in the pattern. I will keep those things in mind when sewing mine!
Annette1 said... (11/21/08 1:59 AM) Reply
Oh, what an inspiration you and your jackets are! Meggie LuLu and Christa gave me a subscription to the Ottobre magazine, and THIS was one of my favorite patterns. I LOVE yours. :o) That belt just make it!
Lori V said... (11/20/08 11:38 PM) Reply
Darling jacket, both of them.
MelissaB in WA said... (11/16/08 10:27 AM) Reply
I first clicked on your picture and was drooling over your jacket. And then when I saw you didn't like it my jaw dropped. I think it's fabulous and I adore your fabric as well.
HLT said... (10/11/08 7:37 PM) Reply
Very fun Jacket! I have a bag to match! LOL!!
Karendee said... (10/11/08 3:35 PM) Reply
I think the coat is really cute; you must wear it after you let the idea "settle in." the fabric is also just the type to perk up simple jeans and T running after a 4yr. old.
Amanda S. said... (10/11/08 1:58 PM) Reply
I agree that it was a little shapelesss before the belt, but with the built-in belt it's really cute! I hope you get some wear out of it. I think you totally saved it.
Christas said... (10/11/08 1:17 PM) Reply
This looks wonderful! Sorry it didn't work out like you wanted ... still it is very cute!
Kay Y said... (10/11/08 12:20 PM) Reply
I'm with the others - I think it's very cute and fun-looking. Should be just the thing to wear while chasing a 4 year old.
mlsews said... (10/11/08 11:40 AM) Reply
Thanks ladies. I did stitch down the belt and I know I'll wear it. Its one of those things that will sit for a little bit before I put it on. Just not as thrilled as I wanted to be.
RuthieSews said... (10/11/08 8:42 AM) Reply
I love it belted, great save. I think those smock style coats , blouses and dresses are hard to wear on a normal figure, tend to look a bit shapeless.
Annette1 said... (10/11/08 2:30 AM) Reply
This is SO DANG CUTE THOUGH! What if you actually STITCHED DOWN your belt all the way around the waist, just as you have it pictured on the dress form, and then left the tails of the belt loose to tie? You could pin it in place right there on the dress form, then take it off, try it for placement, and stitch it down. This is too cute to give up!
sewtime said... (10/11/08 0:24 AM) Reply
Really do think your jacket is very cute. Maybe you will change your mind.
Peacock Chic said... (10/10/08 11:16 PM) Reply
OMG that is super cute!! i love the fabric and the cute little pockets. Love it!

Simplicity 9658 1990