Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2752 (Guy Laroche)

Reviewed by:Sharon M

About Sharon Mstarstarstarstar
MN USA
Member since: 8/3/02
Posted on:9/3/03 8:17 AM

Sharon M said... (7/23/06 9:14 PM) Reply
Ruth, I will need to pull out the pattern and look at my notes. Give me a few days :-)
RuthNelson said... (7/22/06 11:21 PM) Reply
I would love more information on how you made the full bust adjustment.
Debra H said... (9/14/04 11:32 AM) Reply
I just finished this jacket and love it...get many compliments. However, my problem was finding the best locations for the inside snaps that hold the jacket together. I found that I needed to sew the waistline snap through the facing to the main fabric front or it pulled the facing away from the jacket. So glad that I interfaced the entire jacket as the instructions call for. I also had to add an upper snap about 4 inches below collar bone....almost exposed myself when I turned in my chair at certain angles. Other than that, this is a great pattern with very flattering lines.
Jennifer shaw said... (3/16/04 0:10 AM) Reply
What a beautiful jacket!
Terri K said... (3/6/04 5:30 PM) Reply
Great jacket - see Threads May04 for several modifications. I had to buy this one!
Oziroo said... (11/22/03 10:42 PM) Reply
I just found your review( i am quite new to all this) and feel very interested in attempting this pattern as a result of reading it. i have my sights set on a 'formallish' jacket to go over a silk dress for a wedding and I think this might be it. Thank you
valerie sews said... (11/15/03 4:45 AM) Reply
Sharon, Thank you for your review and for including the photo of the underarm panel. What an interesting jacket. It looks really good.
Jennie Pakula said... (9/4/03 5:26 PM) Reply
Sharon, I think your jacket is MUCH nicer than the Vogue pattern - I saw the pattern before and thought it was pretty yukky but you've completely changed my mind! Maybe it was just my pathological hatred of yellow and flared pants! You did a beautiful job & I agree it does look quite Asian - would be great in a silk brocade. Thanks for your review.
Diane E said... (9/3/03 5:29 PM) Reply
Wow! Isn't this a beautiful jacket! Thanks for the review and thanks for sharing this interesting design.
Katharine in BXL said... (9/3/03 4:49 PM) Reply
Sharon, you say you've Intermediate sewing skill??? Look at this jacket--and your "dress code" sewing experience. Surely you're too modest! Beautiful spring color. I giggled how you gained weight into a size 12--I'd have to lose to get there. :)
Liana said... (9/3/03 2:45 PM) Reply
Have you tried the shoulder pads from Textile Studio? They're a small size, and really don't look like you're wearing a shoulder pad, just gives you some definition in the shoulder line. Your jacket looks beautiful.
GorgeousFabrics said... (9/3/03 12:20 PM) Reply
Beautiful! I love the lines of the jacket.
Ann Smith said... (9/3/03 11:15 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review Sharon. I bought this pattern too because it seems to have such flattering lines. Your jacket looks wonderful.
Teri said... (9/3/03 11:12 AM) Reply
Thanks for the good review. I love your jacket!.......and the Dynasty comment made me smile:)
jlg said... (9/3/03 10:31 AM) Reply
Thanks for your review, Sharon; it was very helpful and I really like your result. I've had this pattern since it came out but haven't been ready to commit to making it. Your review has really helped.
AnneM said... (9/3/03 9:42 AM) Reply
That looks lovely. Very interesting design features included in this pattern; I do like that about some of the Vogue patterns.
SouthernStitch said... (9/3/03 9:25 AM) Reply
Love your jacket. I know what you mean about the pads- I ordered some from Peggy Sagers recently and they are 1" thick. I thought "Dynasty" too!!
Ann C said... (9/3/03 9:16 AM) Reply
Very nice work that resulted in such a neat jacket. I had never heard of an that underarm panel detail like that. I enjoyed your review.

Ottobre Design Magazine 06-2011-3