Pattern Reviews> Ottobre Design Magazine> 04-2004-34 (Panties for Little Girls)

Reviewed by:Meggie LuLu

About Meggie LuLustarstarstarstar
OK United States
Member since: 1/26/08
Posted on:10/12/08 5:27 PM
Last Updated:6/4/09 5:20 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 15 people
Meggie LuLu said... (6/4/09 11:06 PM) Reply
Annette, I bought the FOE from Sewzannes. She has a WONDERFUL selection of it!! And, NO I did NOT get it out of the bargain bin, but is sure seemed like a BARGAIN!! LOL!!
Annette1 said... (6/4/09 11:02 PM) Reply
TWINKIE PANTIES: Does life GET any better? I think NOT. And such CUTE ones that will match their outfits, too. I love that fold-over elastic that you've EXPERTLY applied. Where DO you get it? And you'd better not tell me the BARGAIN BIN! :o)
JoanneM said... (6/4/09 10:10 PM) Reply
Too cute. Well done!
Catbird said... (6/4/09 8:54 PM) Reply
What a creative way to use your knit scraps! These are totally adorable, and the FOE (along with your fabric combinations and skillful sewing) make them look professional and upscale. Your little sisters are the luckiest girls on the planet.
Michelle L said... (6/4/09 8:11 PM) Reply
Those are so cute! What a great way to use up scraps!
Sallygirl said... (6/4/09 6:56 PM) Reply
Those are adorable!
Meggie LuLu said... (6/4/09 6:31 PM) Reply
mhk3boys, I use a zig-zag stitch to sew on the FOE. Before I sew it to the panties, I sew the FOE in a circle. Then, I pin and stitch using a zig-zag stitch. Thanks everyone for the VERY nice comments!! I always enjoy reading them!!
mhk3boys said... (6/4/09 6:25 PM) Reply
You are such a cool big sister! Your panties you made are so cute! How do you sew on your FOE? What kind of stitch do you use?
persevering said... (6/4/09 5:55 PM) Reply
Yes, cute, cute, cute! And how wonderful you are to make these for your sisters!
Ariadne said... (4/22/09 9:19 AM) Reply
so cute! so industrious!
Gelbean said... (10/21/08 11:18 PM) Reply
Very cute. You have been very busy. How do you find the time??
SewLil said... (10/15/08 9:29 PM) Reply
So cute! I made this pattern (in boring white) and also used FOE. But used the 1" one and it was a little too snug around the legs. I've picked up some of this kind now and planning to make some more, but don't have cute scraps.
callmeRuth said... (10/15/08 1:31 PM) Reply
Panties are so fun to sew! And these you made Claire look fabulous! That's another Ottobre issue I wish I had!
donna wicks said... (10/14/08 9:33 PM) Reply
You sew great garments and you are a great sister!
MiamiNice said... (10/14/08 1:47 PM) Reply
You are so talented! Seriously!
JamieLiz said... (10/14/08 9:15 AM) Reply
A beautiful job on this! Thanks for reviewing this pattern, and for the picture of the finished work.
arianamaniacs said... (10/14/08 7:28 AM) Reply
Those are too cute! Well done!
Tammy(TX) said... (10/13/08 8:35 PM) Reply
So cute - I love this pattern! It's a nice way to use up scraps and the coverage is better than thin store bought panties. Your sister has a nice little collection now. :)
Annette1 said... (10/13/08 4:28 PM) Reply
LOVE the ruffled ones, AND all the bright colors and prints! Now you'll never have to worry about Claire having on dirty undies if she gets in a car wreck, as our mothers always warned us. :o)
Jacqui315 said... (10/13/08 12:06 PM) Reply
Great use of leftovers! So much cuter than RTW.
craftygamma said... (10/13/08 7:46 AM) Reply
Thanks for the great idea. My granddaughter is just getting potty trained, so I am sure she will love some fancy pants once she is fully trained. Also a great way to use up the scraps from the jammies! Dee
Kbenco said... (10/13/08 6:53 AM) Reply
Pretty panties, your little sisters are lucky girls.
Peggy L said... (10/13/08 0:12 AM) Reply
Too cute - and a great use of those leftover fabrics.
Amanda S. said... (10/12/08 11:58 PM) Reply
Super cute! Great way to use up random pieces of fabric.
EveS said... (10/12/08 11:23 PM) Reply
Thanks for clarifying why I keep saving all those scraps of fabric from DS's pjs! I have this issue and plan to make good use of it just as soon as we can lose the dipes. Thanks for saving my scraps from the trash bin! :) Cute stuff, Meggie!
Lori V said... (10/12/08 10:19 PM) Reply
How sweet, Meggie, great use of scraps.
Tiner W said... (10/12/08 10:04 PM) Reply
These are wonderful!
kerrynw said... (10/12/08 8:42 PM) Reply
Great way of using all those little bits. So talented!
Karendee said... (10/12/08 7:12 PM) Reply
How cute!
Winifred said... (10/12/08 6:54 PM) Reply
Lovely ! You are so clever !!
Mary Stiefer said... (10/12/08 6:34 PM) Reply
How cute - I don't have little girls to sew for but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate those that do. How sweet of you.
RLL said... (10/12/08 5:41 PM) Reply
How adorable and so sweet of you to sew for your younger siblings they way that you do. What a great use of the leftover scrap fabrics also. You are such a talented young lady.

BurdaStyle Magazine 06-2013-144