Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2101 (Bra and Garter Belt)

Reviewed by:cindyann

About cindyannstarstar
FL United States
Member since: 8/5/02
Skill level:Beginner
Posted on:11/21/05 6:54 AM
Last Updated:9/5/03 5:52 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 12 people
See other patterns in this category: Lingerie

MelissaB in WA said... (2/24/10 10:37 PM) Reply
Way late to the party, but beautiful bras!
mengrgrl said... (11/17/08 1:18 PM) Reply
That's so pretty! I especially love the peach one! Do you think that this would work for silk (non stretchy- like from ties)?
Emi1yKate said... (12/25/07 6:37 PM) Reply
cindyann that is so beuatifully sewn! Looks like RTW!
Cristina_TC said... (5/11/07 7:46 AM) Reply
Compliments for Bras!
Sew4Fun said... (8/26/06 9:47 PM) Reply
I'm just caught this review on the rotisserie. What gorgeous bras!
els said... (4/14/06 11:38 AM) Reply
Your bra's turned out beautiful.
kodjal said... (4/14/06 6:36 AM) Reply
Great review and great bras as well! I'm about to sew this particular pattern at a course for making lingerie. Nice to know it is a good one to start with.
Katharine in BXL said... (2/12/06 8:23 PM) Reply
Lovely lingerie! Hmm, would cutting with pinking shears/cutter help eliminate the ridge?
Sew'n'go said... (5/17/05 11:20 AM) Reply
Your review was very helpful. Thanks for the detailed construction comments.
Laura T said... (1/1/04 7:55 PM) Reply
Good Work, CindyAnn! I see the patterns will be put to good use. Your work is inspiriational, but I need to finish what's on my sewing table, first! Laura T. (aka "thankfulgirl")
cindyann said... (11/1/03 11:00 AM) Reply
Deepika, I made a 32B, but when I wear it I look like a 32AA. Drat! So if minimizing is your goal this might be the style for you.
JDpenelope said... (10/31/03 3:28 PM) Reply
Ooh la la! The pics look perfect, though I understand what you're saying about the ridge. Good job!
Deepika said... (10/31/03 2:19 PM) Reply
Great bra. I am thinking of buying this pattern. What size did you make?
Teri said... (9/6/03 11:38 AM) Reply
Ohh, so pretty. Nice job.
cindyann said... (9/6/03 9:04 AM) Reply
Thanks for the tip Dale. I considered a zigzag. I'll try the three step next time.
Oopsy-Daisy! said... (9/6/03 8:42 AM) Reply
Wow, they are gorgeous! Good work!
Kim Winson said... (9/6/03 0:47 AM) Reply
Cindyann, thanks for the review! You've given me the courage to try a bra. (I'm also happy to know that this pattern is good for "smaller" people!).
Pam Z said... (9/5/03 10:13 PM) Reply
Another beautiful bra! Thanks for info about power net cindyann & Gigi.
Milt said... (9/5/03 9:08 PM) Reply
Great review! Hope to create one for the girl friend.
Dale C said... (9/5/03 7:11 PM) Reply
Another beautiful bra again Cindyann! I have that problem with the ridge along the cup too. I've always wondered if it's possible to do a seamless type, but heard that unless you have the right type of "molding" equipment, it's not possible. I've found that using the triple zigzag helps flatten the seam out a little bit though. You might want to try that out.
cindyann said... (9/5/03 8:13 AM) Reply
Sewmom, I found the lace at a local shop. This shop has some great stretch laces.
Gigi Louis said... (9/4/03 9:02 AM) Reply
Wow! What a gorgeous bra - looks better than RTW. :-) Pam, you can also dye nylon/lycra powernet.
Skye said... (9/4/03 0:09 AM) Reply
great hot red bra - love it
sewmom48 said... (9/3/03 9:32 PM) Reply
Beautiful, where did you find the stretch lace? This is great .
Dale C said... (9/3/03 7:51 PM) Reply
Wow! Red hot mama! ;) That came out great Cindyann. Did you see the book "Making Beautiful Bras" that Gigi reviewed? I just ordered it... am looking forward to making some good ones too!
cindyann said... (9/3/03 7:29 PM) Reply
Katharine, actually, this was left over from some other lingerie so I already have a thong and panty to match. Woohoo! Tonia, my next set will be more practical. I have a peach colored tone on tone lycra print. I plan to make a matching panty too if I ever get that pattern I ordered. :(
Tonia Van Dyk said... (9/3/03 5:33 PM) Reply
Very sexy Cindyann! It looks very professional. I like how you covered the centre piece with the stretch lace. Mind if I knock that off?! What colour will your next one be?
cindyann said... (9/3/03 4:16 PM) Reply
Pam, Check one of the internet stores that caters to lingerie sewing. Most of them have it in white, black and nude.
Katharine in BXL said... (9/3/03 4:09 PM) Reply
Great review! Beatutiful bra! Why not whip up a matching set of panties while you're at it? Thanks for the inspiration.
Pam Z said... (9/3/03 3:59 PM) Reply
Beautiful bra. Thanks for the review. Is power net difficult to find? Does it come in colors other than nude?
Diane E said... (9/3/03 3:38 PM) Reply
Great review! This is so pretty! I am inspired! (and boy do I need new undies....)
Pattern Work