Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 08-2007-127A (Jeans)

Reviewed by:michellep74

About michellep74starstarstar
WA United States
Member since: 7/19/07
Posted on:10/14/08 12:06 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
ChristineX said... (10/24/08 12:21 PM) Reply
I love those jeans. Great topstitiching!
Gelbean said... (10/21/08 9:14 PM) Reply
Your jeans are awesome!
o3b said... (10/16/08 0:54 AM) Reply
Great review and photos. The info on the plus vs reg fit is very helpful. I am going to look for my mag copy now.
arianamaniacs said... (10/15/08 1:25 PM) Reply
Great job! You're brave for attempting jeans! I have been toying with that idea for some time, but they always seemed too hard!
lilyofthevalley said... (10/15/08 1:08 PM) Reply
Michelle, you and I have a very similarly shaped body and I never thought it worth my time to make jeans, but you're definitely changing my mind with your wonderful result. I agree with you that next time, you could use slightly slimmer hips/seat, but this pattern is a major hit for you! You look very stylin'. --Lily
dr. liz said... (10/15/08 10:04 AM) Reply
Beautiful workmanship, Michelle. And with your methodical approach, your next pair should be perfectly sized.
Heatherrique said... (10/15/08 1:37 AM) Reply
Gorgeous pair of jeans, Michelle! Superb topstitching!
kerrynw said... (10/15/08 0:41 AM) Reply
Your jeans look great, especially the top stitching!
Karen8320 said... (10/14/08 9:16 PM) Reply
Michelle, congratulations on making your first pair of jeans! You've done such a great job with these that you have inspired me to have a go at making some jeans myself. Top effort on that top-stitching! Well done!
MasoumaRose said... (10/14/08 5:57 PM) Reply
Great job! I've been looking for a jeans pattern. I'll have to take a closer look at this. Thanks!
Vonnevo said... (10/14/08 5:04 PM) Reply
Congratulations for your first jeans ! Lookin' great :)
michellep74 said... (10/14/08 4:51 PM) Reply
Sherril, I was wondering if that alteration to the thigh would work--I'm glad to hear that it's worked for you. :) I'm going to wash these a few times to see if I could shrink them up a bit more first. (I pre-washed the denim 2 or 3 times before cutting.) Thanks for the tip!
Sherril Miller said... (10/14/08 4:41 PM) Reply
Did you wash the fabric several times? It will probably have some residual shrinkage so don't worry about them being too loose. However, I think you need to do what I do to remove the excess on the thigh at the outseam. I take a ruler and draw a straight line from my full hip to the knee and cut off the excess. This alteration works for those of us that don't have a large butt/thigh combination. I think you can still do it on these jeans. Just turn them inside out, try them on and pin out that excess from the side seam. You'll probably like them better. Oh, I forgot to say, Great Job!
ITAdmin said... (10/14/08 3:51 PM) Reply
Good job! The topstitching is very nice.
wendlesue said... (10/14/08 2:21 PM) Reply
Great looking jeans!
Karendee said... (10/14/08 1:30 PM) Reply
Great jeans.
Leora said... (10/14/08 12:21 PM) Reply
Congratulations on your first jeans! That's a lot of work but think of the money you saved :)

Pin-up Girls 1230