Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 4598 (The Perfect Fitting Jacket)

Reviewed by:JudyP

About JudyPstarstar
Member since: 7/15/05
Posted on:10/18/08 12:06 PM
Last Updated:11/9/08 12:13 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 22 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
sewinglouisa said... (5/13/12 3:51 PM) Reply
What a beautifully sewn and fitted jacket. I am just starting down the jacket sewing. As recommended by the Jackets for real poeple I have decided to start with a Channel style jackt, no collar. I got this pattern for the next jacket as it has a shawl collar, abit easier then the notched collar.
4u2cme said... (4/8/10 11:00 AM) Reply
The jacket looks very good. Your details make it even more impressive. A great review.
Athene said... (11/12/08 1:52 AM) Reply
Congratulations, you got a lovely fit, great welt pockets and lovely lapels. Plus now you have an altered pattern you know will fit.
kareninwisconsin said... (11/12/08 1:13 AM) Reply
I really like how that came out!
nancy2001 said... (11/11/08 2:02 PM) Reply
Beautiful classic jacket with a perfect fit. Thanks for your review.
Nancy K said... (11/11/08 1:27 PM) Reply
Great! Your details are beautifully sewn. Glad you got over your fear of jackets.
Dmd4106 said... (11/10/08 3:09 AM) Reply
Bravo! You did a wonderful job. Great fit and execution. Luv the color. Thanks for such a detail review.
Heidi Ho said... (11/9/08 10:23 PM) Reply
Wow that turned out very nice. Beautiful welt pocket!
Mary Stiefer said... (11/9/08 9:49 PM) Reply
Great looking jacket and it does fit you well. Nice color too
Luckylibbet said... (11/9/08 4:38 PM) Reply
I've TJF too! Your review is encouraging me to get over it! Boy, your TJ is gorgeous and SOOOOO professional looking - love the color and the lining and those wonderful welts. Great job!
frame said... (11/9/08 1:38 PM) Reply
Your jacket looks fabulous on you.
Irene Q said... (11/9/08 1:01 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket, you're going to LOVE wearing it!! We ought to start a TJF support group around here - I've got it, too!
Diane E said... (11/9/08 12:55 PM) Reply
What a beautiful color and gorgeously fitted tailored jacket. Thanks for the encouragement to get over TJF!
Kathy_AZ said... (11/9/08 12:49 PM) Reply
Beautiful fit! You look fabulous in your jacket.
nellc said... (11/9/08 12:24 PM) Reply
Lovely jacket, the fit is very good and I really like the colour, congratulations on overcoming your TJF.
AnneM said... (11/5/08 5:38 PM) Reply
Wonderful jacket, it looks lovely. Great in that fabric. Congratulations on your jacket.
gatorgirl4325 said... (10/20/08 1:01 PM) Reply
Oh, my goodness - that is one wonderful jacket! The fit is perfect!
MarilynB said... (10/20/08 8:15 AM) Reply
Your jacket is beautiful and the fit is perfect. I think Palmer/Pletsch has wonderful, easy to understand instructions and their welt pocket instructions are the best. Your lapels came out great, too. You are on your way to making more great fitting jackets.
Obrooks770 said... (10/19/08 6:06 PM) Reply
Very nice work, it looks perfect. It also looks great on you.
Woolygal said... (10/19/08 9:41 AM) Reply
You did a beautiful job. I know it's a lot of work, but look what you have in your closet.
Darla in PA said... (10/19/08 7:56 AM) Reply
Outstanding jacket! I looks really good on you and the fit is fab.
Rustybobn said... (10/19/08 7:11 AM) Reply
I'm glad you got over your TJF! Your TJ is TDF! LOL! I also have JFRP and plan to use it on my current TJ. OK. Enough of that! Love the welt pockets. Great jacket, Judy!
kv said... (10/19/08 2:54 AM) Reply
That is a beautiful jacket, so nicely made. It fits you perfectly, too.
chacha45 said... (10/18/08 9:17 PM) Reply
You have convinced me to try a tailored jacket. I really dread that tissue fitting, but I'm going to give it a try. Your jacket is beautiful. Your welt pockets are an inspiration!
marycds said... (10/18/08 7:43 PM) Reply
Your pocket is beautiful. Great jacket, love the lining.
Cody7 said... (10/18/08 7:10 PM) Reply
Great job. You have managed to get the fit of the jacket just perfect. It is the type of jacket you will have for years and wear many many times. Love the colour too.
JudyP said... (10/18/08 3:54 PM) Reply
Thanks for all the nice comments! I really appreciate them!
KathySews said... (10/18/08 3:47 PM) Reply
Beautiful. I also am now interested in the jacket book and pattern as a way to teach myself and get over the fear. Thanks for the review.
halleyscomet said... (10/18/08 3:28 PM) Reply
Fantastic job on welt pockets! I love the lining too! Great looking blazer!
sewing addict said... (10/18/08 3:12 PM) Reply
Everything about that jacket looks so professional - fit, collar, welt pockets etc. Well done. I'd be really proud if I had done it.
Rosebeee said... (10/18/08 3:03 PM) Reply
This jacket looks fabulous! Great job!
RLL said... (10/18/08 2:24 PM) Reply
Oh my, great job. It looks perfect on you.
Sherril Miller said... (10/18/08 2:10 PM) Reply
Your fit is TDF and I love how RTW it looks. I've made a couple of tailored jackets and I still have TJF. Thanks for the book recommendation. I guess I need to break down and buy it.
cecelia said... (10/18/08 1:50 PM) Reply
This looks wonderful on you. You got a terrific fit including the back. Glad you've now overcome your jacket fears and won't be afraid to make others. Nice job!
Christas said... (10/18/08 1:33 PM) Reply
Your jacket is beautiful. I love the color.
Karla Kizer said... (10/18/08 12:40 PM) Reply
Congratulations! The fit and the execution are both perfect, and so is the color.
mrsv83 said... (10/18/08 12:35 PM) Reply
That jacket fits you perfectly! Your review will help the rest of us still suffering from TJF! Congrats!

Self Drafted Pattern Horrockses

by: julliams

Sew Chic Pretty Petticoat Pattern (ln1208)

Sew Chic Pretty Petticoat Pattern (ln1208)

SewBaby Fleece-Easy Baby Wardrobe Pattern