Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2917 (DKNY)

Reviewed by:Beek

About Beekstar
Member since: 1/29/07
Posted on:10/18/08 1:08 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 19 people
JamieLiz said... (1/11/09 5:14 PM) Reply
This is an extraordinary jacket -- really beautiful!
AnneM said... (11/5/08 5:07 PM) Reply
Neat, unique jacket. Beautiful fabric.
MarilynB said... (10/20/08 8:03 AM) Reply
This jacket is spectacular. Your hard work shows so well. I'm sure you are at the top of your sister's favorite person list.
senaSews said... (10/20/08 4:25 AM) Reply
Wow, perfect tailored jacket. Awesome!
hongkongshopper said... (10/20/08 1:46 AM) Reply
Gorgeous! I wish I had a sister like you :))
Mahler said... (10/19/08 10:33 PM) Reply
As littlejazzbird said, this is serious stuff. You have created a beauty, it must be a gem in your wardrobe. Wonderful !
sewtime said... (10/19/08 8:50 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket!
BillieJean said... (10/19/08 8:12 PM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous!
janet said... (10/19/08 5:31 PM) Reply
Very much enjoyed the review of your exquisite jacket.
Beek said... (10/19/08 12:23 PM) Reply
Thanks for the tip, Kathleen! If anyone wishes to see more photos of this jacket, you may do so by clicking on my website url from My Profile.
Kathleen Fasanella said... (10/19/08 11:41 AM) Reply
" I just upgraded to Internet Explorer 8 and it does not let you Copy and Paste. Great. I thought Upgrades were suppose to make life easier?" May I suggest FireFox? (see mozilla.org) Most sites like this one (blogs etc) are optimized for firefox; it truly is a whole other level in browsing. You'll never go back. No pop ups, viruses, it's more stable, with endless add-ons, FREE, what's not to like? I would have liked to see these other views too.
Kathleen Fasanella said... (10/19/08 11:39 AM) Reply
Nancy K said... (10/18/08 10:51 PM) Reply
I love your changes to this pattern. It is a gorgeous jacket. Better than the original. You're right, professional, but feminine. Your beautiful, meticulous sewing is wonderful to see.
LindsayT said... (10/18/08 10:18 PM) Reply
Very pretty jacket. Would love to hear more about Spanish snap buttonholes as I hope to make a boucle jacket soon.
Barbara V said... (10/18/08 7:17 PM) Reply
What a beautiful jacket. All of the added details make it truly wonderful.
nancy2001 said... (10/18/08 6:09 PM) Reply
Just gorgeous. Your sister will be thrilled.
cindyann said... (10/18/08 5:36 PM) Reply
That is just beautiful. So pretty and unusual.
lilyofthevalley said... (10/18/08 4:35 PM) Reply
Positively pristine, Beek! Your detail work is meticulous, as always, and for your tiny sized sister, your silk lapel adjustments have brought the femininity of the silk collar back to perfect proportion. Have I told you how very much I love your work? Exquisite, Lily
Athene said... (10/18/08 4:24 PM) Reply
a very attractive jacket.
Heatherrique said... (10/18/08 2:46 PM) Reply
Beek, your new jacket is so mesmerizing! You always do beautiful work! Thanks for sharing!
Re Becca said... (10/18/08 2:43 PM) Reply
I love what you did with the different fabrics.
Christas said... (10/18/08 1:34 PM) Reply
BEAUTIFUL!
Twinset said... (10/18/08 1:28 PM) Reply
Wow, this is some serious stuff! I'd like to see a closeup of your spanish snap buttonholes, as well as the alternate views (an error message appears when I click on your links). Beautiful workmanship.

Kwik Sew 2821