Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8497 (Marcy Tilton)

Reviewed by:Kemish

About Kemishstar
Member since: 4/24/06
Posted on:11/13/08 11:52 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
Nancywin said... (11/15/08 10:48 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I have this pattern and have been wanting to make it. I didn't realize about the "raw edges" but for the knit I have, that will work well and be easier than folding under. Great looking top.
nancy2001 said... (11/14/08 9:42 PM) Reply
Love the top. Congratulations on a great first review.
Karine said... (11/14/08 8:04 AM) Reply
I'd also love to see your picture up close! I have this pattern, too and love it. Take a look at Marcy Tilton's website and see her pictures and instructions for adding contrast trim and converting the pattern to a v-neck. It's really cute!
donna mel said... (11/14/08 7:41 AM) Reply
welcome to the wonderful world of knits. i too just started and am loving it. to tell right side from wrong side...get under a light and stretch the fabric slightly. the right side shows the knitted lines, the wrong side is more solid. (do you knit? its similar to the knit vs. purl sides). anyway, great top!
marec said... (11/14/08 1:08 AM) Reply
Kemish-It's cute but teeny :-) I have this pattern also and made the long sleeve version in a beefy knit. It is a great tee and I love the raw edges. I wonder what it would look like with coordinating fabrics?
Athene said... (11/13/08 10:52 PM) Reply
The little picture of the top looks cute. It doesn't get larger when I click on it - I wish it would as I would like to see your detail on turning the raw edges under. Congratulations on enter the world of knits.

BurdaStyle Magazine 01-2015-109