Pattern Reviews> Self Drafted Pattern> 6322-1004 (Snow Queen)

Reviewed by:Luckylibbet

About Luckylibbetstar
Member since: 7/28/03
Posted on:10/31/08 1:42 PM
Last Updated:11/1/08 0:08 AM
xaiya said... (3/18/09 6:43 PM) Reply
great that tatting on the collar too?
momkoz said... (12/5/08 11:18 AM) Reply
WOW! just gorgeous next project is making a matching costume for your hubby. :)
momkoz said... (12/5/08 11:18 AM) Reply
WOW! just gorgeous. next project is making a matching costume for your hubby. :)
Johanna Lu said... (11/25/08 3:10 PM) Reply
Congratulations on your win! The costume is completely stunning! Not to mention the beadwork! And you look so regal and elegant, very impressive indeed.
dbsewer said... (11/25/08 11:32 AM) Reply
Congratulations on your win - you certainly deserve it. I've never seen a costume so perfectly done and so gorgeous. It looks like a joy to wear, too.
Puppy said... (11/24/08 10:26 PM) Reply
Do you know who the couple is in the photo of the 1903 Winter Ball? I like to think you will pull this out and wear it around the house from time to time, just as a special treat and to feel beautiful!
Mandolin82 said... (11/24/08 8:18 PM) Reply
Totally awesome!
RadarRadiance said... (11/24/08 4:25 PM) Reply
thankyou for sharing all of the wonderful pictures and your thought process1 It truly is beautiful!!!
RadarRadiance said... (11/24/08 4:24 PM) Reply
thankyou for sharing all of the wonderful pictures and your thought process! It truly is beautiful!!!
Mufffet said... (11/24/08 4:22 PM) Reply
So beautiful....
trintje said... (11/21/08 10:46 AM) Reply
Very beautiful, very personal. It's clear you really put your heart into it. wow
Ann Smith said... (11/17/08 9:21 PM) Reply
This is hands down the most incredible costume I've ever seen. Astounding!!
trishapatk said... (11/17/08 7:01 PM) Reply
Fantastic! Talk about going the extra mile! The beading is extraordinary. You've done a great job.
newlywedws said... (11/14/08 12:55 PM) Reply
My goodness...what work you did in making this garment!!!! Absolutely stunning!
cindyann said... (11/9/08 1:16 PM) Reply
WOW, That is fantastic! You put so much hard work into it.
EveS said... (11/4/08 1:28 PM) Reply
Wow, calling this a "costume" just doesn't seems right. It's just so breathtaking, even in the icky fabric, that "costume" somehow cheapens it. At any rate, this is to-die-for, whatever you want to call it! Thanks for sharing! :)
Jennifer shaw said... (11/1/08 10:56 PM) Reply
Wow, Heather this is absolutely amazing!!! What a spectacular realization of a dream to make the Snow Queen in all of her glory.
Leora said... (11/1/08 5:26 PM) Reply
You are safe for now, Snow Queen!
LoriB said... (11/1/08 2:28 PM) Reply
Amazing! You certainly put a lot of effort into this and it shows. What a costume!
Heatherrique said... (11/1/08 12:05 PM) Reply
Wow! Wow! Wow! You brought beautiful and new life to the Snow Queen! Your work is very admirable and stupendous! Outstanding!
lisa m said... (11/1/08 11:57 AM) Reply
It is so lovely. I'll bet everyone at the party was very complimentary, too. We're lucky the rain that was threatening held off until a little later last night, weren't we? Go BABES.
MsMaryO said... (11/1/08 9:17 AM) Reply
What a beautiful dress! You make an elegant Snow Queen. The headdress is incredible!
fourkid said... (11/1/08 6:45 AM) Reply
Beautiful and amazing detail - very inspiring for the rest of us to see how you tackled every detail and persevered. Your creativity and diligence is inspirational as well.
lilyofthevalley said... (11/1/08 4:04 AM) Reply
Oh my, I'm SWOONING at the glory of your Russian inspired Snow Queen. It's not just the quality of your workmanship, or just the expanse of your imagination - it's the personified Vision of all that you've been dreaming of for so long. Thank you so much for sharing your Dream with us; you look smashingly beautiful. -Lily
Aunt Gail said... (11/1/08 2:58 AM) Reply
HAnds down - the most exquisite costume I've ever seen on pr. Your documentation is wonderful as well. It is so exciting for me to read the process that you went through. Like I'm sure everyone else, I am just knocked out by this costume. Just in case the C Church ever decides to let us gals in as Pope -- Your outfit MUST be the prototype :) Absolutely beautiful
Leora said... (11/1/08 0:57 AM) Reply
I am floored by the detailed beading and handwork you've done here. Plus you drafted so much of this yourself. There are not enough words to describe this beautiful artwork. Gorgeous!
Sew4Fun said... (10/31/08 6:45 PM) Reply
Wow! You put a lot of thought and effort into this. I too am impressed with all the detailed work. You look quite the part.
Sandi S said... (10/31/08 5:37 PM) Reply
Wow! That is so detailed and pretty. What an incredible costume!
Sigrid. said... (10/31/08 5:11 PM) Reply
What a stunning result, this is a beautiful costume. I'm impressed by all the detailed work. You really captured the image I have of a snow queen. Beautiful. (And is it a coincidence the miter on your profile picture has the same shape?)
LornaJay said... (10/31/08 4:52 PM) Reply
Annette1 said... (10/31/08 4:31 PM) Reply
This is just UNBELIEVABLE! This is pretty enough to be a wedding dress -- ha! :o) You've gone to SO much work and effort perfecting EVERY LITTLE DETAIL, and MOST of it originating in your own little noggin, a very CREATIVE noggin. And you ARE a beauty in it, too! Oh, I WISH I could see it IN PERSON. I can just IMAGINE how it sparkles and shines. Man, this turned out so nice, I wish you'd used SILK!!!
Karen6790 said... (10/31/08 4:26 PM) Reply
Now that was a costume dream worth waiting on. Absolutely beautiful, and exactly what I would have expected the Snow Queen to look like. That was always one of my favorite fairy tales as well. The head piece and the beading are especially gorgeous.
katlew03 said... (10/31/08 4:07 PM) Reply
Very creative. I wish your picture was longer. I wondered what was in the right hand until I read the review. You have really spent a lot of time on this. Great imagination.
piffle said... (10/31/08 1:45 PM) Reply
oh well done!
Heatherrique said... (10/24/08 8:03 PM) Reply
This looks so exciting! Keep us posted!
Mahler said... (10/19/08 10:27 PM) Reply
ohhh I want to see it finished, I want to see it finished soon soon... ;-) Ok I have to be reasonable. I am very much looking forward to seeing this dress finished.
loohoo44 said... (10/19/08 5:11 PM) Reply
oooh, so that's what was sitting on your dressform!! how cool, I'll be watching your progress!
Jennifer shaw said... (10/19/08 2:09 PM) Reply
That looks so cool! Your illustration looks great!
Annette1 said... (10/19/08 12:48 PM) Reply
Oh, how PRETTY!! I can't WAIT to see the finished costume! I know what you mean about looking prettier in person. Seems like beading is hard to photograph, but there MUST be a way ... maybe in sunlight, I don't know. This sounds just LOVELY though, and by the looks of the collar alone, it will be! :o)
MsMaryO said... (10/19/08 9:18 AM) Reply
I'm so excited to see this!
Trephas2003 said... (10/19/08 8:20 AM) Reply
It looks great!
Sew4Fun said... (10/19/08 2:36 AM) Reply
Looking forward to seeing the end result. It sounds so intriguing.

by: Kristine K...