Pattern Reviews> Other> Make Them Yourself: Nursi (Washable Nursing Pads)

Reviewed by:khurtdvm

vestapatterns.com

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

newmama said... (9/9/11 2:45 PM) Reply
The lace makes them so pretty. I think I will try to make nicer ones when (if?) we have another baby. And I will start on them before he/she arrives!
Sandi S said... (10/25/08 1:29 AM) Reply
Great idea to make your own and what a great gift to encourage a nursing mom. I've been nursing a total of almost 6 years now (nursing the 4th child - that hasn't been all the same kid!). I hate to think of how much I've spent on nursing pads during the early months with each kid.
MarijaSLO said... (10/23/08 1:57 PM) Reply
This is a great idea! And it is very world saving too! I used at least 1000 disposable nursing pads when I had my Eva, what a shame!
kim*brown said... (10/23/08 1:02 PM) Reply
Wonderful gift! I am a huge nursing advocate, Bravo!!
Dynamo said... (10/23/08 11:57 AM) Reply
I checked out your review for the mop head, so thanks for mentioning it. You make a lot of interesting and practical items.
RobinE said... (10/20/08 2:21 PM) Reply
I used re-usable nursing pads-- but I had to buy mine (and they weren't cheap). Why did it not even occur to me to try making them??? Awesome! And what a great gift idea! Thanks so much for the review. :)
khurtdvm said... (10/19/08 2:36 PM) Reply
I have the pattern for the Swiffer mop pads and reviewed that as well - it works great!
Dynamo said... (10/19/08 10:42 AM) Reply
What an awesome idea. I went to the site you bought the pattern from, and there is a pattern for Swifter mop head pads .. also a great idea. It drives me crazy to spend money on those, and to throw then away. Just like the pattern maker I was probably the last person I know to buy one of those mops, due to all the waste from disposable pads, but I have a dog, and she's getting old and the Swifter is so convenient to pull out, so I caved and bought one. I think I'll give some thought to making my own. Your nursing pads are a great idea. Way back when I had store bought washable ones and they were well used!

BurdaStyle Magazine 04-2010-117