Pattern Reviews> Ottobre Woman Magazine> 05-2007-19

Member since: 3/2/06
Posted on:10/19/08 9:28 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 17 people
Mary Stiefer said... (10/21/08 11:20 AM) Reply
I think this looks fabulous and will certainly be very warm and comfy on those chilly nights
slanden99 said... (10/21/08 8:36 AM) Reply
Looks great!
Nancy Rhodes said... (10/21/08 8:20 AM) Reply
Looks to me like you accomplished all criteria you set for this project. I am going to look into a subscription for Ottobre after reading your comments on the "real people" models.. Thanks!
Luckylibbet said... (10/20/08 12:41 PM) Reply
Great job on a needed wardrobe staple! I agree with all the other comments re it looking just like RTW, but better!
gatorgirl4325 said... (10/20/08 11:05 AM) Reply
That is a great looking hoodie!
Rebecca D said... (10/20/08 10:39 AM) Reply
Thanks for such a helpful review. This is one fine looking hoodie. I sometimes think the practical things I sew are the ones I wear to death.
EveS said... (10/20/08 10:21 AM) Reply
Welcome to the hoodie fan club. :) I recently made one and now I'm addicted. Nice de-schlepping, btw! :) Looks really nice! And welcome to the Ottobre club, too! I haven't sewn the womens' patterns but I LOVE the drafting and instructions for the kidswear. My fav, hands down.
carolynw said... (10/20/08 9:52 AM) Reply
Great looking hoodie - your work always inspires me!!
Frogstitcher said... (10/20/08 9:37 AM) Reply
Great hoodie and this one could never be described as schlumpy. I agree that hoodies aren't everyone's idea of fashion forwardness but they do have their place and can be fun projects to sew. Great review.
Nancy K said... (10/20/08 8:14 AM) Reply
I have a couple of Ottobre magazines now and I agree, we are used to seeing the shiny, fashion magazine look of BWOF and Patrones. But you can actually see the clothes here! They seem to be everyday kind of clothing, which most of us need. This looks great. I love that neckline detail. I really have to make something from them.
lyra said... (10/20/08 8:10 AM) Reply
oh, that looks so cozy!!
nancy2001 said... (10/20/08 7:38 AM) Reply
Very nice. Looks very professional.
o3b said... (10/20/08 1:56 AM) Reply
I love your review - there is lots of detail on the likes/(sort of) dislikes and benefits of this pattern. I had forgotten about this one, and now I am going to go look for it.
AnneMarie60 said... (10/19/08 11:27 PM) Reply
Nice job!
Seaspur said... (10/19/08 11:10 PM) Reply
That looks great! Nice to know that it is fitted, I made the Jalie one recently and while I like it, it's a bit boxy. I'll have to try this one, thanks for the review.
marec said... (10/19/08 11:06 PM) Reply
This is really nice work! It looks fitted and comfortable.
Vintage Joan said... (10/19/08 10:56 PM) Reply
Wow, that's --- perfect! Exactly like RTW, only better.
Karla Kizer said... (10/19/08 10:06 PM) Reply
Duplicate...very odd..
Christas said... (10/19/08 9:59 PM) Reply
VERY nice looking hoodie! You did a great job in this.
Karla Kizer said... (10/19/08 9:37 PM) Reply
My DD's favorite hoodie is one I made for her, and while I know some of us wouldn't bother to sew a hoodie, I enjoyed sewing something practical like this. I'm glad you reviewed this one. It turned out great!

Victory Satsuki Paper Pattern