Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3576 (Fitted Sleeveless Dresses)

Reviewed by:Jolet

About Joletstar
Member since: 9/17/02
Skill level:Expert/Couture
Posted on:10/22/08 2:34 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
AnneM said... (11/18/08 6:26 PM) Reply
Yike, that is expensive fabric. It really is a pretty dress (although I agree, that style is best for straight figures). At least on the dress form, it looks spectacular. Very clever on the belt. (Oh, and I'll 2nd the muslin comment. If my fabric is more than $10 a yard, I make a muslin!)
fryman said... (10/23/08 6:47 PM) Reply
Hi Jolet: you did not mention making up a sloper before cutting into your expensive fabric. I have found "testing" the pattern is well worth the time & effort. The professional do as well.
mastdenman said... (10/22/08 11:40 PM) Reply
I think you should let it rest for a week or so and then look at it again. It looks really nice.
BlossomKyle said... (10/22/08 10:25 PM) Reply
I think it's super chic!
Speech girl said... (10/22/08 5:33 PM) Reply
I'm sorry you had such difficulty with the pattern. The jumper looks terrific on the dress form--love the color.
kim*brown said... (10/22/08 4:01 PM) Reply
I would never have imagined the negatives, it looks fabulous, and I can just see this with some knee high boots!
LindsayT said... (10/22/08 3:54 PM) Reply
Oh, how sad this didn't work out for you. The fabric is gorgeous and the pattern is cute. Sometimes you just don't know until you make it. Oh, well.
pfaffkj said... (10/22/08 2:59 PM) Reply
I know how frustrating sewing like this can be! Your jumper looks very nice and I hope you aren't so put off by your troubles that you won't wear it.
Elemenopeo said... (10/22/08 2:59 PM) Reply
It looks georgeous on the form so you overcame your difficulties well. Too bad you don't like wearing it.
cabinbaby said... (10/22/08 2:38 PM) Reply
Too bad you had so many problem with it. I love this pattern and plan to make it again soon in a purple wool twill.

Skinny Bitch Curvy Chick SB322