Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2914 OOP (Sandra Betzina Vest)

Reviewed by:Barbara V

About Barbara Vstarstarstarstar
Posted on:10/23/08 1:50 PM
Last Updated:10/23/08 2:04 PM
Luckylibbet said... (10/24/08 12:18 PM) Reply
I'll have to check the drawers - one I wanted but haven't purchased! Your warning is so apt! Your version is fabulous - love the quilting to add depth & texture. Zipper is a terrific idea too. Wonderful!
Rustybobn said... (10/24/08 11:18 AM) Reply
Gorgeous vest. I have this pattern and haven't really looked twice at it. I might now, though!
BillieJean said... (10/24/08 6:08 AM) Reply
Beautiful vest! I love your stuff.
Annette1 said... (10/24/08 0:20 AM) Reply
Did someone mention pattern stashing? Count me in! This vest is "TO DIE FOR," as they say. Your combination of fabrics, the sophisticated color, the custom quilting ALL make it truly outstanding. You look like a million bucks in your runway shot. I have to admit I'm jealous -- ha! (I love your haircut too, by the way.)
KarmenG said... (10/23/08 9:50 PM) Reply
Love the look on you - really pretty. I especially like the quilting. What a great idea.
DorothyK said... (10/23/08 9:28 PM) Reply
This vest is amazing. I love the marriage of the two fabrics. The quilting is wonderful. And it looks great on you! You have a very good sense about how to alter a pattern to make it better.
moushka said... (10/23/08 8:19 PM) Reply
Great looking vest with wonderful details. I sometimes wonder if Vogue goes out of its way to make SB's patterns look dowdy on the pattern envelopes out of jealousy. Her patterns are always more interesting than Vogue's interpretations, and despite Vogue's best (or worst, lol) efforts, many of them are bestsellers. You really made the most of this one. Thanks for the review.
carolynw said... (10/23/08 6:18 PM) Reply
Very nice - like the idea of quilting it to backing for a sturdier and warmer vest.
QuiltersFan said... (10/23/08 6:15 PM) Reply
Great vest. I waited too long on this one. Like many of SB patterns - I think they would have sold many more had they had a different photo on the cover. For example, a photo of you and your vest.
Lori V said... (10/23/08 6:01 PM) Reply
Very pretty.
Ann Smith said... (10/23/08 5:14 PM) Reply
Very smart looking with brilliant choice of accent fabric. Love the quilting and zip front.
sewtime said... (10/23/08 4:39 PM) Reply
Very cute, love the detail. You will be a hit at the fundraiser fashion show!!

Lekala Patterns 4093