Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1938 (Adri OOP)

Reviewed by:Ann Smith

About Ann Smithstarstarstarstar
Posted on:11/21/05 7:07 AM
Last Updated:9/9/03 1:56 AM
Hap said... (3/11/05 7:25 PM) Reply
Beautiful job and so clever. As stated earlier..you and your machine are a wonderful team
Sherril Miller said... (9/9/03 10:17 PM) Reply
Ann, you and your sewing machine are a wonderful team. I wish I could put out the quantity and quality and wear great clothes like you. What a real inspiration you are.
KarenP said... (9/9/03 3:03 PM) Reply
Wow!! I love your outfit. You really have a knack for seeing the possibilites in a pattern and for choosing the right fabric for your patterns.
sewywabbit said... (9/9/03 11:23 AM) Reply
Nice job! Surprisingly enough, I have this pattern, purchased last year when I was on a vintage pattern tear. You have inspired me to dig it out and have a look. There goes my getting anything done today!
Ann Smith said... (9/9/03 10:57 AM) Reply
Mel.J: yes I bound the neckline/armholes of the shell and neckline of the jacket. I forgot to mention that. I think it is a stronger finish for those spots that get so much wear.
Teri said... (9/9/03 10:23 AM) Reply
What a great outfit! I love the double cloth.
SouthernStitch said... (9/9/03 10:05 AM) Reply
Love the fabric choice, so very elegant looking!! Hey, the 80's are coming back someday, so hold on to those patterns!!
Skymom said... (9/9/03 9:51 AM) Reply
That is marvelous, Ann. What a great adaptation of a pattern that, it now appears, is a classic even if it started out kind of dated. A friend of mine happens to be wearing an Eileen Fisher two-sided linen outfit today that's very much like yours, with the edges turned out to show the reverse. Wonderful effect.
Sew it seams said... (9/9/03 8:36 AM) Reply
This outfit is great Ann. I love the fabric. It looks great on you and it looks like it would be very comfortable as well.
Tee Jay said... (9/9/03 7:31 AM) Reply
What a lovely outfit. I so enjoy going through your album. Your outfits have such style.
GorgeousFabrics said... (9/9/03 6:18 AM) Reply
Beautiful job as always Ann. PS - I like your hair that way! -(another) Ann
els said... (9/9/03 4:18 AM) Reply
Thanks for this review,a great way to show what you can do with this kind of fabric, another smashing garment.
Mel.J said... (9/9/03 2:14 AM) Reply
Another great effect Ann. (Beautiful use of the fabric.) Did you bias bind the neckline/armholes of the shell or is that folded over & stitched as well?

Understanding Wool Fabrics
Understanding Wool Fabrics

Ottobre Design Magazine 05-2013-1

by: sunnysewin...

Sew Chic Clara Bow Apron Pattern (ln102)

Sew Chic Clara Bow Apron Pattern (ln102)

Victoria Jones Collection Men's Classic Hawaiian Businessman's Aloha Shirt