Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5244 (Muse)

Reviewed by:mamalobb

About mamalobbstar
KY
Member since: 7/12/06
Posted on:10/28/08 3:54 PM
Last Updated:10/28/08 3:57 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
AnneM said... (11/21/08 11:37 AM) Reply
Yes, the baggy back works much better in the tunic than the dress. I was going to suggest putting a couple of darts in the back to bring it in, but now you don't have to do so. Cute style. I think our review will be very helpful to someone else making this dress (or top).
rebija said... (11/3/08 9:17 PM) Reply
Nicely done!!!!
Meggie LuLu said... (10/29/08 7:05 PM) Reply
What a CUTE top!!!! I did not like this pattern until I saw your version!!! I might have to buy it now!!!!
nglalala said... (10/29/08 10:55 AM) Reply
I like both looks as well. It looks great!
AuntieShel said... (10/29/08 7:07 AM) Reply
Your top looks great!! Thanks for the review, I've had my eye on this pattern. Does make me wonder though, because I've found this with other patterns--the "baggy back." I've had this happen recently, and don't recall it ever being an issue with things I used to make years ago. Style differences?
Ellenatlga said... (10/29/08 6:57 AM) Reply
Beautiful! I love this!
im2melo4u said... (10/28/08 10:52 PM) Reply
very cute. i'm currently work on this so it's nice to see one finished.
DorothyK said... (10/28/08 10:37 PM) Reply
Great little dress. Looks nice and comfy, yet stylish.
mamalobb said... (10/28/08 8:39 PM) Reply
geek sewing, the pattern had good instructions for the welt pockets. I've done them before on a mccalls trench coat, and double welts on pants, so I was familiar with the concept going into this project. The only suggestion I would make that was not included in the pattern instructions would be to interface the wrong side around the stitching lines and the cutting line for the pocket. On the knit, the fabric wanted to get a little crazy once the hole was cut and the pocket/pocket facing were turned to the wrong side. Other than that, I would just go slow. I really like them-they make great cell phone holders, LOL.
Catbird said... (10/28/08 7:49 PM) Reply
Great color and style! Both versions look like winners to me.
poplin said... (10/28/08 7:48 PM) Reply
The top version is much better. Thanks for the pictures. What are your throughts on sewing the welt pockets?
Karendee said... (10/28/08 6:27 PM) Reply
Darling tunic that looks really good on you!
Vonnevo said... (10/28/08 6:24 PM) Reply
Love it ... the style, colour and shorter length. Thanks for sharing :)
LindsayT said... (10/28/08 4:54 PM) Reply
Like you said, great running around town look. Nice!
mamalobb said... (10/28/08 4:44 PM) Reply
Lauri Jean, I interfaced only the yoke. I didn't interface the collar. My fabric is a similar weight and stability of a thin sweatshirt. I don't think the interfacing is totally needed. Hope this helps
mars418 said... (10/28/08 4:37 PM) Reply
Love your adaptation and the color of the fabric. Happy you were able to make it work!!
Dmd4106 said... (10/28/08 4:32 PM) Reply
Cute dress and tunic! I like it both ways.
Lauri Jean said... (10/28/08 4:25 PM) Reply
Looks great. I am currently working on this one. Did you interface the collar piece? With what? I'm debating as my fabric is a fairly stable knit. hmmmmm
Kaitlinnegan said... (10/28/08 4:07 PM) Reply
So cute! I love how it looks as a tunic.

More Knits