Online Sewing Class: Bust Adjustments

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4136 (Wizard of Oz Costumes)

Reviewed by:Peggy L

About Peggy Lstarstarstar
TN USA
Member since: 4/8/02
Posted on:10/29/08 2:30 PM
Last Updated:10/29/08 2:35 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
See other patterns in this category: Costumes
Peggy L said... (12/6/11 7:09 AM) Reply
You are half-way there. I would make the gingham as a jumper
Larkin said... (12/5/11 10:33 AM) Reply
Looks great! My 27 year old DD has asked me to make this for an office party! She has a blouse that will work and only needs the apron. Any thoughts - do you remember enough to guess whether or not that would work?
maiestia said... (11/5/09 7:03 AM) Reply
Hi Peggy, Your dorothy dress looks fantastic! I was hoping you'd be able to help me with something; I own this pattern and want to use the 'glenda the good witch' as a base for a fancy dress costume but i got my pattern out the other day and found that i'd lost the pattern piece for the skirt. I know the dimensions as i can measure my dorothy dress, but i need the dimensions of the point that gets cut out the front on the glenda costume. Is there any chance you could tell me how far across and down that curve goes on the pattern piece so i can draft myself a new one? I know you don't know me, but i'm hoping you'd be able to do me this huge favour.
blue mooney said... (11/4/08 6:13 PM) Reply
What a great mom! I hope DD had a good time at the party - she probably had the BEST costume. It must be fun to work somewhere they actually do things like that!
CA Eisenhour said... (10/30/08 2:27 PM) Reply
Very well done! Looks terrific!
slanden99 said... (10/30/08 8:19 AM) Reply
Great costume!
Peggy L said... (10/29/08 11:53 PM) Reply
Thanks for the comments - DD bought her wig and Toto from someone on ebay. This whole costume came about because of her awesome red shoes. I hope she gets a better picture on Halloween. And Becki, I didn't even notice her cat hiding under the table.
KristenI said... (10/29/08 11:01 PM) Reply
Adorable!
lilyofthevalley said... (10/29/08 8:57 PM) Reply
Peggy, I caught the Dorothy flavor even from the tiny thumbnail photo in the Review Gallery - so authentic! Your DD looks absolutely charming. How nice that she asked you. Lovely, Lily
Annette1 said... (10/29/08 8:36 PM) Reply
Hey, great minds think alike! My niece is going as Dorothy too, complete with the little basket and ruby slippers and even Toto! :o) I'm sure her costume isn't as nice as this one, though, as she bought it somewhere. :o) Very cute!
Re Becca said... (10/29/08 8:03 PM) Reply
That is so cute! That bias insert sounds tricky, This really looks great. All that she needs is Toto, but the owner of the two eyes hiding under the table probably wont go along.
PegL said... (10/29/08 7:08 PM) Reply
What an adorable Dorothy! Great job!
Gelbean said... (10/29/08 6:33 PM) Reply
Great Dorothy costume. I made this for myself several years ago and I wear every year. I found some red patent Mary Janes on sale and painted them with red glitter to make my ruby slippers. Your costume is much better looking than mine. It was one of my first clothing projects. Job well done!
Trephas2003 said... (10/29/08 6:29 PM) Reply
It looks great!
heathercampbell29 said... (10/29/08 3:18 PM) Reply
Great job! That's a super looking costume. Does DD have ruby slippers? :)

Understanding Knit Fabrics