Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8413 (Roll Neck Dress)

Reviewed by:Erica B.

About Erica B.starstarstarstar
Member since: 6/6/06
Posted on:10/29/08 3:25 PM
Last Updated:10/29/08 4:39 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 14 people
WJean said... (12/5/08 6:08 PM) Reply
I really liked this dress and it looks good on you too. The hem finishing made me smile-a touch of a lady, is what I thought when I saw it.
Big Dog said... (11/16/08 8:21 PM) Reply
Hot Mama, that dress is so perfect on you! It almost gives me the courage to try the pattern... if I just had an occasion to wear it.
mamalobb said... (11/11/08 7:51 AM) Reply
I'm glad I didn't see this review until now because Vogue is on sale at Hancock's this week and I need to go get this pattern now. You look beautiful.
Erica B. said... (11/2/08 10:51 AM) Reply
HLT, I got the fabric from Textile Studio... you can click the link above.
Em's Summer said... (11/2/08 3:22 AM) Reply
This is just soo elegant! I love this dress! You did a wonderful job!
HLT said... (11/2/08 1:19 AM) Reply
Love Nanette & your fabric. And of course this pattern is fabulous. And you look stunning. And where did you get that fabric!!! LOL.
Barbara V said... (10/30/08 11:11 PM) Reply
Your dress and entire outfit look in style and ready for the season. Your extra effort with lining made it so much nicer and certainly more comfortable to wear. My favorite part is the same as yours....the just "makes" the dress.
Mahogany Stylist said... (10/30/08 1:31 PM) Reply
Erica, I love this dress. It's beautiful! I'm so thinking about buying this pattern too.
Sic said... (10/30/08 11:26 AM) Reply
AuntieShel said... (10/30/08 11:07 AM) Reply
How do you always manage to look so FABULOUS??? Love this dress and you look (did I say) fabulous in it!!!
Arbicuswoo said... (10/30/08 10:41 AM) Reply
This is awesome! I always love your work, but this is my favorite of your recent highlights!
JustTrina said... (10/30/08 10:28 AM) Reply
Absolutely Fabulous! I agree totally with everything everyone else said! Just beautiful. Wonderful job as always.
N_Vogue said... (10/29/08 11:49 PM) Reply
Erica, your dress is stunning!!! I have always loved the pattern but was unsure whether I could wear it being pear-shaped (sic). The fabric choice really compliments this dress. You look well put together. Go ahead get that hat(LOL)
Elke said... (10/29/08 10:07 PM) Reply
This dress looks lovely on you! I agree... very Jackie "O". Great fabric and style combination!
lilyofthevalley said... (10/29/08 8:53 PM) Reply
What an esthetic walk down Memory Lane, Erica. Your dress is wonderfully flattering and bears just the right amount of Jackie O flair. Your fitting skills are extraordinary. Very lovely, Lily
wreninrome said... (10/29/08 8:48 PM) Reply
you are just too cute!
Annette1 said... (10/29/08 8:26 PM) Reply
I've always loved this pattern, and your dress has turned out BEAUTIFULLY!
solosmocker said... (10/29/08 7:25 PM) Reply
Looks great on you!
JeanK said... (10/29/08 7:20 PM) Reply
I first looked at your picture and thought, "So, Jackie O." Then I read your comments - too funny. This is a classy and classic design that you executed beautifully. It looks lovely on you. Thanks for the inside photo details; we're always interested in the 'behind to scene' work.
katlew03 said... (10/29/08 7:00 PM) Reply
As soon as I saw your dress I thought retro 60's since that is the era when I was growing up. Your dress really looks nice and the material is perfect.
DaisyEsq said... (10/29/08 6:47 PM) Reply
The dress is beautiful and with that particular fabric even more so.
Vonnevo said... (10/29/08 6:38 PM) Reply
Fabulous ! ! !
sewtime said... (10/29/08 6:35 PM) Reply
Wow, very pretty!!
Dei said... (10/29/08 6:29 PM) Reply
Girl this is too much! I love this pattern and love what you've done with it. Much mojo magic goin' on here.
Meggie LuLu said... (10/29/08 6:21 PM) Reply
That is STUNNING!!! I LOVE retro looking clothes!!!
Nancy K said... (10/29/08 6:14 PM) Reply
Great dress! It fits beautifully.
Heatherrique said... (10/29/08 6:07 PM) Reply
Breathtakingly beautiful, Erica!
Karendee said... (10/29/08 4:47 PM) Reply
Erica B. said... (10/29/08 4:39 PM) Reply
Ooops... thanks Joan!
hestiah said... (10/29/08 3:46 PM) Reply
So beautifully vintage! I think I just saw something similar on 'Mad Men' (which is a gem for drooling over vintage fashion!)
Vintage Joan said... (10/29/08 3:38 PM) Reply
Nice dress, Erica. :) BTW, you seem to have entered the wrong pattern number -- 8413 seems to be the correct number, not 8419.
The Technique of Underlining Garments