Online Sewing Class: Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS

Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 2335 (Dragon costume)

Reviewed by:Leora

About Leorastar
Member since: 2/7/04
Posted on:11/1/08 0:02 AM
Last Updated:11/1/08 2:55 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
See other patterns in this category: Kids(boys & girls)
mwknitter said... (7/15/09 5:09 PM) Reply
I made this same costume for my grandson & agree with the comments on it. And I think I will have to drag it out again this year (or actually buy a new copy - I think he's too tall for the largest size in the range now) - his brother wants it in shiny silver fabric. (maybe we could just wrap him in aluminum foil!)
SewKnitYKnot said... (11/3/08 10:29 PM) Reply
The costume looks great & nice work-arounds. I made this 2 years ago. DS really liked it and carried his tail to protect it. I'm glad you anticipated the problem & came up with a nice solution.
sb1280 said... (11/3/08 10:32 AM) Reply
This is great! I love it! The tip regarding elastic is really helpful - thanks. Even though I'm a beaver fan, I would give this trick-or-treater extra candy for his costume! Good work!
lilyofthevalley said... (11/2/08 10:54 AM) Reply
Fantastic looking dragon and how thoughtful of you to work out a solution for diminishing the weight of the tail. Beautiful child, too, but don't tell him I said that. Extra candy, yay! -Lily
Heatherrique said... (11/1/08 7:46 PM) Reply
Such a sharp and adorable costume! No wonder your DS received more treats!
Tiner W said... (11/1/08 5:11 PM) Reply
This is adorable! I'm so glad you brought this costume to my attention--last spring I needed a dragon costume and just had to wing it!
Luckylibbet said... (11/1/08 12:22 PM) Reply
What a great dragon! Thanks for the idea of the elastic for the tail - I would never have come up with that at all. Glad I'm not in dragon's breath reach!
Trephas2003 said... (11/1/08 8:11 AM) Reply