Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 4347 (Knit tops)

Reviewed by:wendlesue

About wendlesuestarstarstar
PA USA
Member since: 3/7/07
Posted on:11/5/08 12:01 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 9 people

oldsewandsew said... (12/13/08 12:05 PM) Reply
Very Cute! - Guess I'll have to get this pattern!
wendlesue said... (11/6/08 11:13 AM) Reply
sarahb...I am not sure about polar fleece. It may be a little more bulky and have less give. Mine has a lot of thickness in the front where the collar wraps. Since my fabric has softness and give, the thickness does not bother me, just feels cozy and warm. I don't know if fleece would be as comfortable.
AuntieShel said... (11/6/08 8:14 AM) Reply
Your top is awesome, thank you so much for reviewing it. I have my eye on this pattern, guess I'll have to get it now!!
sarahb said... (11/6/08 8:04 AM) Reply
Great looking--do you think it would work in polar fleece?
tlmck3 said... (11/5/08 9:23 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I have this in my stash and had forgotten all about it until your review. Love the way yours came out --the fit and fabric are lovely.
Gelbean said... (11/5/08 5:05 PM) Reply
Oh I just love it. I just ordered this pattern. I hope mine turns out as fabulous as yours.
shesflipped said... (11/5/08 4:48 PM) Reply
Great looking top! I love the color, and it looks so warm and cozy! I've had this pattern in my stash for awhile~great to read your review and find that it's a winner! Can't wait to give it a try!
wendlesue said... (11/5/08 4:27 PM) Reply
Bonnie K, I just looked for your review and couldn't find it. I am intrigued by your idea of making view D into a twist top! I do want to make that view too. We will see if I get back to it!
Bonnie K said... (11/5/08 3:16 PM) Reply
Gorgeous top on you. I made this pattern using version D and twisted the front one more before sewing. This was way before the twist tops became so popular. I love the fit of this pattern.
nancy2001 said... (11/5/08 1:23 PM) Reply
Great looking top in a beautiful fabric. I'm going to buy this pattern tomorrow when it goes on sale at Hancock.
AngieC said... (11/5/08 12:43 PM) Reply
I love your top! The color and fabric are perfect for fall and I love the way it fits you! Great review!

by: Mufffet

Islander Sewing Systems Every Bodies Shirt (1X-4X)

Islander Sewing Systems Every Bodies Shirt (1X-4X)

Sewing Workshop Now & Zen Shirts Pattern